Help, I'm dizzy!

Old November 20th 04, 11:45 PM
Wooly

Default Help, I'm dizzy!

I set a new personal record today - I've cranked 6 complete pairs of
socks on the sock machine. I was out a good part of the day running
errands and choosing new spectacles (finally, after a year of warped
frames I'm getting NEW GLASSES!) but still got 12 darned socks
cranked.

Now to go do all that grafting! *bleh*
Old November 21st 04, 03:28 AM
Els van Dam

In article , Wooly
wrote:

I set a new personal record today - I've cranked 6 complete pairs of
socks on the sock machine. I was out a good part of the day running
errands and choosing new spectacles (finally, after a year of warped
frames I'm getting NEW GLASSES!) but still got 12 darned socks
cranked.

Now to go do all that grafting! *bleh*

Well that sounds like me....I have knitted many bags for felting, some
have been felted and some still need to be felted dyed and finished.
Lining and braided straps is the hard work, not the knitting, at least
that is what I find. It is the finishing that takes all the work. slow
down have a cup of tea settle in and get your needle out and start the
kitchener grafting.

I am itching to get my hands on a good sock knitting machine.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

Old November 21st 04, 03:30 AM
NoraBalcer

Hi Wooly,

Great work.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 21st 04, 03:30 AM
NoraBalcer

Hi Wooly,

Great work.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 21st 04, 11:53 AM
Aud

"Wooly" skrev i melding
I set a new personal record today - I've cranked 6 complete pairs of
socks on the sock machine. I was out a good part of the day running
errands and choosing new spectacles (finally, after a year of warped
frames I'm getting NEW GLASSES!) but still got 12 darned socks
cranked.

Now to go do all that grafting! *bleh*

I had been dizzy long before the end of the day!LOL!
Good work, Wooly!!!!

I, for my part:
*drowe out in my car in heaps of wet snow;
*went to too many shops, to check out this and that for a big party;
*crashed my car, or "was crashed into";
*thought I was completely "mad" when I saw that the big dent in the fore
wing was disappeared 20 min. later!
* went home to some strong cups of coffee,
*made a scarf,
*scanned some pictures ....
.....and I am STILL dizzy after a good nights sleep!

(PS: the Dizziness started almost in the first shop!LOL!)
--
AUD in a snowy Norway ;-))
alrefsnesathotmaildotcom

Old November 21st 04, 04:33 PM
Wooly

I bought my sock machine from a gal who got it off of Ebay. It works
great EXCEPT I can't get the ribber working on a reliable basis. So I
make hemtop socks with or without a picot edge, and I make mock-ribs
to help improve fit around the ankle on the 72-slot cylinder.

Overall I'd say its a good investment. I still handknit socks (always
will) for myself, since I'm picking about the heel and ankle, but the
socks off of the CSM are nothing to sneeze at. I've been selling them
at farmers' market and a couple of shows for $25-40 per pair depending
on size and fiber content (the wool/silk blends are $50, actually).

Its amazing the amount of money the yuppies around here will spend on
socks *lol*