Name this quilt

Old August 15th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Name this quilt

Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name
ASAP. Why? Because the Challenge Chairman needs to
start making the display cards, etc. The quilt will
feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title
for the quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on
words, or maybe a pun. Any fun ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA
Old August 15th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

How about...

Kickin Up Your Heels (if they are high heeled shoes)
Quilting soothes the Soles
If the shoe fits...
Footloose and Fancy Free
Steppin' Up and Steppin' Out

That's all I can come up with for now... I'll think on it!!!

What pattern (type of shoes) are you all doing? Sounds like fun!

--
Kate in MI

Old August 15th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article , Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name
ASAP. Why? Because the Challenge Chairman needs to
start making the display cards, etc. The quilt will
feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title
for the quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on
words, or maybe a pun. Any fun ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA

"Steppin' Out?"
"A Mile in My/Her Shoes?"
"Walking on the Sunny Side of the Street?"
"Give her/me an inch and she'll/I'll take a foot?"
"Dogs Barking?" (high heels, of course!)
"Walking on cloud nine?"

I hope someone else gives you better ideas!!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 15th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I was thinking 'if the shoe fits' also Kate.
I like kicking up your heels to.

ANy blue suede shoes in the quilt PAt?
Taria

Old August 15th 07, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Cute suggestions. Thanks Connie! PAT

Old August 15th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Actually, I've been thinking of the blue suede shoes
angle, Taria. Also If the Shoe Fits. GMTA.
BUT ... this is a challenge quilt based on a specific
work of an artist. I have found a fun Andy Warhol
picture, My Shoe is Your Shoe, for my entry. It is the
BLUE SHOE picture; you might have to scroll. I may do a
few small blocks of varied versions of that shoe, or I
might just do ONE major version.

http://tinyurl.com/yqrxgg
It is the BLUE SHOE picture; you might have to scroll.

http://tinyurl.com/yqrxgg

Thanks. PAT

Old August 15th 07, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name
ASAP. Why? Because the Challenge Chairman needs to
start making the display cards, etc. The quilt will
feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title
for the quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on
words, or maybe a pun. Any fun ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA

First thing that came to mind was
'Soft Shoe Shuffle'

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 15th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Step to the front of the Class
Step Up
Quick Step
The Greatest Shoe on Earth
Shoe Nuff

--
Mary

Old August 15th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Chattanooga Shoe?
And a one and a two?
Shoo Fly?
and we haven't had a little one to do nursery rhymes with in a long, long
time but (something like)
One shoe off and one shoe on ?
Polly