Weekend stash and some help needed

Old August 3rd 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Weekend stash and some help needed

My mom, to mollify my dad, is cleaning out closets and such. So, I returned
with a pile of fabric and a mostly completed needlepoint canvas and the
complete works, for hooked rug piece that I REALLY WANT TO DO.

SO - where do I start?

Cheryl

Old August 3rd 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ElastiGirl

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

My mom, to mollify my dad, is cleaning out closets and such. So, I returned
with a pile of fabric and a mostly completed needlepoint canvas and the
complete works, for hooked rug piece that I REALLY WANT TO DO.

SO - where do I start?

Cheryl

I'd probably start with the needlepoint canvas (as long as it isn't a
really aggravating one ), then I'd treat myself with the hooked rug...

EG
Old August 3rd 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
My mom, to mollify my dad, is cleaning out closets and such. So, I returned
with a pile of fabric and a mostly completed needlepoint canvas and the
complete works, for hooked rug piece that I REALLY WANT TO DO.

SO - where do I start?

Cheryl

You put the needlepoint in a tote bag to carry wth you and do in odd
moments, and you set up the rug hooking project at home!!!

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old August 3rd 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
My mom, to mollify my dad, is cleaning out closets and such. So, I
returned
with a pile of fabric and a mostly completed needlepoint canvas and the
complete works, for hooked rug piece that I REALLY WANT TO DO.

SO - where do I start?

Cheryl

You put the needlepoint in a tote bag to carry wth you and do in odd
moments, and you set up the rug hooking project at home!!!

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Gee, I wish I had your problems. I actually like to finish other people's
projects, depending of course on if it's at least reasonably well done.

How big is the needlepoint? If it's a bigger one, and if you work it on a
frame, I think it would be a little difficult to schlep around.

If the hooked rug is calling to you, you must answer it's call to assure
that it doesn't get mad at you!! The needlepoint has gotten used to being
at rest, so I would carefully put it back to bed in the closet and let it
wait a while longer.

Lucille