Music, music, music

Old April 18th 13, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Music, music, music

Happy day, oh happy day. I've been dismal for weeks, maybe months since the
speakers on my computer bellied up and died. I can not, don't want to and
will not (without a great deal of sulking) stitch without music. I need the
sweet clear sounds of a perfect flute or boy choir. I feel down to my soul
the bass notes of voices I'll only join when I get to heaven. 3rd time's the
charm. Yes. I have my sounds back. Finally found a set of speakers that
work with my sewing room computer, comfort my soul and journey with me. Do
you need music too or am I the only savage beast amongst us? Polly

Old April 18th 13, 07:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

I like music too, but more often than not, forget to turn it on in the first
place. Then, when I do, I usually get so engrossed that I don't hear it
anymore, in a manner of speaking. I seem to be going 90 mph most of the
time and should just slow down and "enjoy the music" as they say.

I'll get there someday.

And on a side note, I'll be teaching "Creative Clothing" next year. In
other words, sewing class. Not quite sure which emotion to express about
that. I do have students already coming up to me and telling me that if
that does come to pass in the new schedule taking shape for next year, that
they will be signing up for the class since I'll be teaching that. I hope
that that is a good thing.

Steven
Alaska

Old April 18th 13, 10:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Gotta have music. DH, my techie support, has transferred his entire
collection (about 10,000 CDs) to MP4 format. (MP3 isn't good enough
for his ears.) So if I need anything, I can download to the iPod,
which fits into a radio-CD playerwith good speakers next to my
machine. I like Bach for FM quilting.
Roberta in D

Old April 18th 13, 03:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

I listen to music while I'm sewing!! But, I like the Jazz station or some good old rock n roll! keeps me movin' and inspired.
Wow! Steven! Those kids will remember your class for years! and they'll learn skills that will last. Good Luck!!!
Old April 18th 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam[_2_]

Yes, definitely- love to have some sort of music playing while sewing!!
Usually radio, but sometimes CD's. Then if I cannot decide what to listen
to, I can go to Pandora and select a mix of choices.
Pam

Old April 19th 13, 05:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Had to smile at Roberta enjoying Bach when FM-ing. My brain would get so
busy trying to follow 2 or more parts that my stitching would be quite mad.
? I just might try it. Polly

Old April 19th 13, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 23:44:03 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:

Happy day, oh happy day. I've been dismal for weeks, maybe months since
the speakers on my computer bellied up and died. I can not, don't want
to and will not (without a great deal of sulking) stitch without music.
I need the sweet clear sounds of a perfect flute or boy choir. I feel
down to my soul the bass notes of voices I'll only join when I get to
heaven. 3rd time's the charm. Yes. I have my sounds back. Finally
found a set of speakers that work with my sewing room computer, comfort
my soul and journey with me. Do you need music too or am I the only
savage beast amongst us? Polly

Must. Have. Music.
I am not sure I can tie my shoes without music. Maybe I'll try it
sometime.

Free music, not in any sort of copyright violation whatsoever, but you
have to try new artists you have never heard befo

http://www.jamendo.com/en/

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old April 20th 13, 11:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Bach has architecture. So does quilting. (Not that it makes me a
BETTER quilter!)
Roberta in D

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:35:14 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Had to smile at Roberta enjoying Bach when FM-ing. My brain would get so
busy trying to follow 2 or more parts that my stitching would be quite mad.
? I just might try it. Polly

OT - Fun music website ME-Judy[_5_] Quilting 0 August 13th 08 07:33 PM
OT (sorry) music quilter Quilting 6 November 24th 06 02:06 PM
OT Music S.E.X. ellice Needlework 51 September 20th 06 01:15 PM
music to quilt by Linda Sweigart Quilting 3 March 20th 05 06:39 AM
I Once Was Lost--Cue the Music... [email protected] Sewing 19 February 10th 05 05:59 PM