What I've been up to.....

Old January 13th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default What I've been up to.....

Well, first - I was on grand jury duty. Most educational and depressing.

But, I can find stash at the darnedest times. Went to check out the Chinese
place (won't go back) but did find Stitched In Stone - a quilt shop with
floss and yarn.

Also went to the Ben Franklin Ace Hardware in Raymond NH on the way one
night - what a strange store, clothes, hardware store stuff, toys and yarn
and fabric and floss and such....

And Knitter's Garden - great little yarn shop in Chester NH. Need lots more
time to explore it.

And finally, I'm helping Sue at Contoocook Needlework with inventory. I'm
counting floss. It's fun and restful. And I get to fondle lots of floss.

Old January 13th 10, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Well, first - I was on grand jury duty. Most educational and depressing.

But, I can find stash at the darnedest times. Went to check out the Chinese
place (won't go back) but did find Stitched In Stone - a quilt shop with
floss and yarn.

Also went to the Ben Franklin Ace Hardware in Raymond NH on the way one
night - what a strange store, clothes, hardware store stuff, toys and yarn
and fabric and floss and such....

And Knitter's Garden - great little yarn shop in Chester NH. Need lots more
time to explore it.

And finally, I'm helping Sue at Contoocook Needlework with inventory. I'm
counting floss. It's fun and restful. And I get to fondle lots of floss.

I told her you would do anything to fondle floss....we need one of those
transporter thingys from Startrek, so I can be up there and help you
both play..oops, I mean work. LOL

Old January 13th 10, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Jan 12, 9:28*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Well, first - I was on grand jury duty. Most educational and depressing.

But, I can find stash at the darnedest times. Went to check out the Chinese
place (won't go back) but did find Stitched In Stone - a quilt shop with
floss and yarn.

Also went to the Ben Franklin Ace Hardware in Raymond NH on the way one
night - what a strange store, clothes, hardware store stuff, toys and yarn
and fabric and floss and such....

And Knitter's Garden - great little yarn shop in Chester NH. Need lots more
time to explore it.

And finally, I'm helping Sue at Contoocook Needlework with inventory. I'm
counting floss. It's fun and restful. And I get to fondle lots of floss.

Ah. My Ben Franklins!

I've been shopping here in the summertime since the store was built.
The family summer place is about 3-4 miles away. And we'll be sitting
there. And someone will say what about Pizza by George? And we always
stop in to browse in Bens. Love the eclectic mix of that store.You
never know what you're going to find.

Donna in Virginia
Old January 13th 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
'Nez

Ah. My Ben Franklins!

My closest Ben Franklin is closing. All mdse on sale at 30% off right
now. Probably be lower than that before long.

Only thing is, the wooden Indian is still not for sale. Wahhh.
Frances
Old January 13th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"'Nez" wrote in message

Ah. My Ben Franklins!

My closest Ben Franklin is closing. All mdse on sale at 30% off right
now. Probably be lower than that before long.

Only thing is, the wooden Indian is still not for sale. Wahhh.
Frances

Mine closed about 4 years ago. I miss it.

Lucille

Old January 14th 10, 11:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/13/10 8:32 AM, in article
, "Donna"
wrote:

[...]

Pizza by George is still there... Should I stop in next time I'm in the
area?

BF seems to be odder every time.

Mind you, Derry now has a Tractor Supply store..

Old January 14th 10, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Pizza by George is still there... Should I stop in next time I'm in the
area?

BF seems to be odder every time.

Mind you, Derry now has a Tractor Supply store..

Yes. If you're hungry, I would definitely check them out. The
pepperoni rolls are so good. And you can get these amazing pizzas by
the slice.

Donna in Virginia

Old January 14th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jan 13, 3:25�pm, "Lucille" wrote:
"'Nez" wrote in message

Ah. My Ben Franklins!

My closest Ben Franklin is closing. �All mdse on sale at 30% off right
now. �Probably be lower than that before long.

Only thing is, the wooden Indian is still not for sale. �Wahhh.
Frances

Mine closed about 4 years ago. �I miss it.

Lucille

I haven't thought about Ben Franklin in years. There
was one in the town where I went to college....hmmmm
too many years ago. Who knows when it closed.
The last time I drove through New Wilmington there
was a tanning salon downstairs and ....not sure what
upstairs.

Nancy
Old January 14th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Donna wrote:
Pizza by George is still there... Should I stop in next time I'm in the
area?

BF seems to be odder every time.

Mind you, Derry now has a Tractor Supply store..

Yes. If you're hungry, I would definitely check them out. The
pepperoni rolls are so good. And you can get these amazing pizzas by
the slice.

Donna in Virginia

Pizza - don't get me started!

I grew up in the NYC 'burbs, with amazing pizza. My kids actually
believed Papa John's, Domino's, and Little Caesar are real pizza, rather
than cardboard smeared with sweetened tomato paste and not enough cheese
of not-very-high quality. When I would get pizza from the "real" pizza
place, they'd make a big deal of blotting the top with napkins. I
believed if a.) you can't fold a slice in half and b.) grease isn't
running down your arm, it ain't REAL pizza!! (c. Would be, if you can
bite it apart within six inches of your face, as opposed to having a
string of cheese forming an umbilical cord between your face and the
pizza slice!)

Them days are gone...

sue

--