MQ problem

Old July 13th 03, 03:55 PM
DebsPrintOnIt

Default MQ problem

I just did some MQing on a little quilt using my walking foot. The top kept
shifting forward so that I got pleats where there was already a line of
stitching going the other direction. I've never had this much trouble before..
I tried decreading the pressure on the foot and then increasing it. Nothing
helped. I just kept going and got it done because it is just a panel for my
husband's 100 yr. old grandmother, but I'd like not to have this problem in the
future. It may be because I didn't pin baste it close enough. Any other
ideas? Thanks.
Debra in Idaho
Old July 13th 03, 06:00 PM
Julia in MN

Maybe you stretched your backing too tight before pin basting. I have
found that when I use basting spray instead of pins, I have less trouble
with layers shifting a little.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old July 14th 03, 12:39 PM
Roberta Zollner

Which batting was it? If you used poly batting, it slides a bit. But if it
was cotton, then you either didn't baste enough or you pulled the backing
too tight (or not tight enough).
Roberta in D