ceramics web site

Old December 15th 07, 10:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
A&V

Default ceramics web site

Hi, I'm a ceramic artist from Perth WA. Just launched my web site and would
be grateful for your comments
cheers,
Andrea
www.andrea-ceramics.com

Old December 15th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Rob Morley

In article 47639c69$0$25533$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au, A&V
says...
Hi, I'm a ceramic artist from Perth WA. Just launched my web site and would
be grateful for your comments
cheers,
Andrea
www.andrea-ceramics.com

Interesting work - not necessarily to my taste, but interesting. :-)
The images on the home page look like they should be clickable but
they're not. The second thumbnail on the second gallery page links to
the wrong image. You have to scroll down the third gallery page to view
the last thumbnails, also on the Workshops page where those thumbnails
are in a different place than all the others. The second Community page
is the only one with forward/next links instead of thumbnails.
Old December 15th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
D Kat

Really lovely art work. Star Trek Next Generation had a wall decoration I
wanted to get my hands on in the worse way. Your work brings that piece to
mind. It has a wonderful organic, other world feel about it. Page 3 in
your porfolio is my favorite. The big red flag for me however is that you
have a wonderful bowl (bottom left picture - bottom right in picture) that
begs to be used in a functional manner and I would not in my wildest dreams
think that glaze as food safe. Any piece such as that, I would put a liner
glaze in.

pic61 is incorrect - it is a copy of pic64 and does not match the thumbnail.
Downloading took a very long time but that my be my end that is acting up.

Again, really, really lovely work and nice page.

Donna

Old December 16th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
A&V

Default ceramics web site,glaze safety

Thank you very much for your comments, I will take care of the glitches.

As you can see I like to experiment with the material )
As far as the blue/green glaze goes, I think that it is safe, although it is
on a dry side so some people would not use it. Let me dig out the recipe and
see what you guys think of its safety, I might stand corrected after all
Nepheline Syenite 58.00

Strontium Carb 26.00

Ball Clay 10.00

Silica 5.00

Lithium Carbonate 1.00

Cobalt Carbonate 2.00
fired to cone 6,oxidation on porcelain body

cheers,
Andrea

Old December 17th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
D Kat

"A&V" wrote in message
Thank you very much for your comments, I will take care of the glitches.

As you can see I like to experiment with the material )
As far as the blue/green glaze goes, I think that it is safe, although it
is
on a dry side so some people would not use it. Let me dig out the recipe
and
see what you guys think of its safety, I might stand corrected after all
Nepheline Syenite 58.00
Strontium Carb 26.00
Ball Clay 10.00
Silica 5.00
Lithium Carbonate 1.00

Cobalt Carbonate 2.00

fired to cone 6,oxidation on porcelain body

cheers,
Andrea

Na2O .299
K2O .095
MgO .008
CaO .025
SrO .572

Alkalies .395

Al2O3 .519
SiO2 2.47

Si:Al 4.756

I am not a glaze expert. I try to follow the guidelines offered by MC6
which would have this too high on the Alkalies and the Si:Al ratio seems too
low but there seems to be enough Silica. It is certainly stunning. Have
you ever done a lemon test on it? Only because it begs to be cradled and
drank out of would I want a liner glaze in it.

Donna