surgery is suppose to be Friday

Old November 8th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default surgery is suppose to be Friday

Your name continues to be on my prayer list.

Susan Price

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 01:04:44 -0500, Jacqueline from KY wrote:

Folks, I love you all, some of you have sent me packages of fabric, I
can't wait to use, but for now, as most of you know, everything is on
hold until after this surgery.

Yesterday, I went for my pre-op and low and behold when they did the
EKG it showed that I have had a heart attack. It had to be mild
because I can't recall any really bad pains, but minor chest pain has
not been uncommon for me the last year and a half. Tomorrow I am
taking the EKG to my family doctor because to me it looks just like
the one that I had a year and a half ago that sent me to a
cardiologist, that did a heart cath and said I had a 40% blockage in
one artery, nothing to worry about they said. So if I get the OK from
my family doctor I am having my knee surgery on Friday. They gave me
a set of crutches to practice using at home and said I would be
non-weight bearing for two weeks and must use these crutches. Well, I
am over weight and I do not have the strength in my upper body to lift
my lower body with my hands like they say you are suppose to do. I
will take the crutches with me to the hospital but when I get home I
plan to use my mother's walker that she had. I just cannot walk on
the crutches.

Right now I am still cooking and cleaning trying to get ready for the
"adventure" I lack two more rooms having the house completely done
and will do those tomorrow and also do the laundry all up tomorrow.
Now this is after I get back from my doctor's appointment. I may run
into Thursday before I get everything finished and I may not get it
all done. I have over 50 meals now cooked and frozen and all that has
to be done is unthawed and thrown into a dish or pan to cook. Yippee
for me. I pray that my dad will be able to follow the directions that
I have written on each item. If not I will only be a few steps, hops
or whatever away.

I also have my laptop ready to go so I can at least keep in touch with
you all, or at least I hope I feel like it.

Please if you are a praying person, pray for me. I admit I am scared
and almost backed out and still do not know that it will be a sure
thing until after I see doctor tomorrow. Stress is killing me for
sure. Today my sister's took my dad and went to vote, I was gone when
they did and dad was suppose to wait for me to get back and go vote
with me. I passed my sisters in town but they were headed out of town
which is the way I thought they were going. I got home, door was not
locked, walked in and Dad's computer was on, the light was on in the
kitchen and it looked like he was here. He was not. I walked all our
property looking for him, went up and down the stairs searching for
him. I walked over to the neighbors and no one knew where he was. So
I sat down on our back porch, picked up Sugar, my pup, and cried, I
had no idea where he was, couldn't find him, the truck was home so I
knew he was not in it. I was so sick that I started throwing up,
about an hour later my two sisters and dad pulled up in one sister's
car. I was ready to kill them and was so stressed out. I asked them
why they didn't leave me a note, they said they didn't think of it,
yet they want me to leave them a note if I leave the house before they
are up or before they come over and tell them if he has or hasn't had
his medications. You know these are the sisters that have said, I
best have enough meals cooked because they do not have time to help
me, and I should go to a nursing home to recover. I just cannot
believe they would leave the house with dad and not tell me. They
have yet to ask me how my doctor's appointment went yesterday and they
won't ask me about tomorrow's either, I am sure.

Well, I needed to vent, I am sorry for bothering you all, but I also
wanted to say I may or may not be around for a few days and also ask
for the prayer.

Lots of Love to all,

Jacqueline in KY