new photo

Old January 29th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default new photo

Hi gang,

This is the year of the UFOs for me!!! I know what my weakness is
now. I get bored working on the same project for a long time and just
itch to start something new. My resolve this year is -- when I 'hit'
that spot, put it away, grab a different UFO and work on that one
until yet again, I hit that spot with that one - and so on and so on.
Hopefully, this will solve my problem of having too many UFOs. You
can have a look at my first finish (assembly) project for 2006. I
guess it's still a UFO since it needs quilting, but at least the
blocks are all put together after sitting there since last summer.
In any case....you can do a small happy dance with me for being at
this stage of the finished quilt. :-)
Thanks for looking.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

http://community.webshots.com/album/21822893QsNHNeEtIE

Old January 29th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The top is stunning! Isn't it amazing how just two colors can create
something so beautiful? Congrats on finishing that part of it - and it
sounds like you and I have the same problem when it comes to working on the
same project.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Denise Jameson" wrote in message
Hi gang,

This is the year of the UFOs for me!!! I know what my weakness is
now. I get bored working on the same project for a long time and just
itch to start something new. My resolve this year is -- when I 'hit'
that spot, put it away, grab a different UFO and work on that one
until yet again, I hit that spot with that one - and so on and so on.
Hopefully, this will solve my problem of having too many UFOs. You
can have a look at my first finish (assembly) project for 2006. I
guess it's still a UFO since it needs quilting, but at least the
blocks are all put together after sitting there since last summer.
In any case....you can do a small happy dance with me for being at
this stage of the finished quilt. :-)
Thanks for looking.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

http://community.webshots.com/album/21822893QsNHNeEtIE

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old January 29th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's lovely, Denise.
I think that's a really good idea of how to progress your work this
year. More power to you. I hope it all goes swimmingly.
..
In message , Denise Jameson
writes
[...]

http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
120,000+ Newsgroups

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old January 29th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

BRAVO Denise! That is awesome!

And kudos to you for finishing up UFO's! I have the exact same trouble
and am solving it the exact same way this year. Don't start any new
projects, until I finish the ones I've already got. So that means,
when I get tired of working on one, pick up a different one - but for
heavens sake, don't start another new one! LOL

Hugs and a beautiful top!
Tina

Old January 29th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

WOW!! that is stunning!

I have decided to allow myself to finish the tops and then stash them away -
I am going to use older tops as warm-up projects just before I quilt a
commission quilt. but once they re a top they stop being UFO's for me now -
it's a lot less stressful for me too! ( only 65 projects going in one stage
or another ...)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old January 30th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Very nice! Thank you for sharing your work. I used to have a rule, no more
than 5 projects going at the same time. Than it went to 10, onward to 15
and now don't ask. It was a great motivator to have to finish a project
before starting a new one. Now, I get so little chance to quilt that if I
have a minute I do what I feel like. Hence the lost count! I'll get to it
eventually so I'm no worried.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Old January 30th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:47:52 -0500, Denise Jameson
wrote:

Hi gang,

This is the year of the UFOs for me!!! I know what my weakness is
now. I get bored working on the same project for a long time and just
itch to start something new. My resolve this year is -- when I 'hit'
that spot, put it away, grab a different UFO and work on that one
until yet again, I hit that spot with that one - and so on and so on.
Hopefully, this will solve my problem of having too many UFOs. You
can have a look at my first finish (assembly) project for 2006. I
guess it's still a UFO since it needs quilting, but at least the
blocks are all put together after sitting there since last summer.
In any case....you can do a small happy dance with me for being at
this stage of the finished quilt. :-)
Thanks for looking.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

Beautiful! Marvelous! Simply stunning!

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 30th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

That is just beautiful! No wonder you're happy dancing.

--Heidi

Plattsburgh (UPstate) NY

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

===