Pix on Webshots

Old July 15th 04, 07:19 PM
Allison

Default Pix on Webshots

Hi everyone,

I decided to try out webshots and have posted pictures of my two most
recent quilts (so far I just have those on my computer). Anyway, the
first one was made after taking a course at QuiltUniversity.com about
how to make quilts from photos. And the second one was made for my
daughter - it's my own setting and border made with a maple leaf block
that I found in a quilt book (whose name escapes me right now).

http://community.webshots.com/user/allison_H

Also, a question for other users of webshots - it seems to keep trying
to control my desktop picture even though I disabled the desktop setting
under options. Any suggestions?

Allison

Old July 15th 04, 07:26 PM
JG

Both quilts are very nice. I especially like the bird quilt, was it hard to
do? I look forward to seeing more pix of your quilts.
--
Ginger (in Texas)
http://photos.yahoo.com/gingerbread1958

Old July 15th 04, 07:31 PM
maryd \(Oregon\)

I disabled it under msconfigstart up and under webshots desktop, I
unchecked the option to use webshots for my desktop. HTH

--
Mary

Old July 15th 04, 08:52 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

Roberta wrote:

I get a message that there are no quilts in this albumn :/

Roberta (in MD)

Ditto - no fair we wanna see them too!

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old July 15th 04, 10:02 PM
Patti

Same for me I'm afraid!
..
In article , Paul &
Suzie Beckwith writes
Roberta wrote:

I get a message that there are no quilts in this albumn :/
Roberta (in MD)

Ditto - no fair we wanna see them too!

Suzie B

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 15th 04, 10:03 PM
Allison

They were there earlier today. But now they're gone. Veeerrry strange.
Maybe my fooling around to take webshots off my desktop messed
something up? I'll try again.

Allison

Old July 15th 04, 10:19 PM
Allison

It wasn't _hard_ to do but it was slow because I was learning how to do
new things (for me at least). I often tend to think about a new
technique a bit for actually doing it. And then I sit back and enjoy
that it actually _worked_. G
Anyway, for this project I learned about how to make a template from a
photo (for the appliqued bird) and how to do shading on fabric with
pastels (for the bird), and how to do fabric dying (for the background).
All cool techniques that I will probably try again in a future
project.

Allison

Old July 15th 04, 11:03 PM
DDM

Those are both very nice, Allison. What did you use for the 'glittery'
effect on the water. It makes it look very realistic. Loved the autumn
leaves on the black background too...makes them really pop. Are those
Clair's tootsies? g

Dee in LeRoy, NY