What did I do wrong?

Old February 7th 04, 10:38 PM
D&D

It sure is hard to get into the habit of *pressing* those pieces instead of
ironing them.

After seeing some of your quilts Sharon it looks like you have been pressing
anyway or is that trick photography!!!

Dee in Oz

"Sharon Harper" wrote
Okay now I'm getting confused. What's the difference between ironing and
pressing?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"Mary in Oregon" wrote in message
Ironing could do it. I have a block with "bubbles" and think it's from
ironing rather than pressing. Could you wash the top and then press the
seams to get it looking correct?

--
Mary
"Eli" wrote in message
I am soooo frustrated. I'm making a quilt. Square in a square. Inner
border. Outer border with mitered corners. I just finished putting the
outside border on and laid it flat on the carpeting. The square in a

square
part is "bunchy"... looks like there's excess there and doesn't lay
perfectly flat. It's like the inner border is too small. I measured

across
the middle when measuring for the inner border. I thought it might be

the
mitered corners. I took those out - no difference. Could I have

stretched
the middle? How? When ironing?

I'm not going to be quilting this project. I'm passing it off to

another
mom to quilt and then we're donating it. I'm embarrassed to give it to

her.

Is there any way I can correct this at this point?

--
Gina in IL
http://community.webshots.com/user/dgelias

Old February 7th 04, 11:05 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Btw, it doesn't have to include the steam, either way.
Ironing is pushing; pressing is sitting still. G

Ragmop/Sandy
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Absolutely! Thankx

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"Mary in Oregon" wrote in message
ironing is a back and forth motion with the iron... pressing is holding

the
iron in place while it steams a seam. Moving the iron pushes and pulls

the
fabric. Clear as mud??

--
Mary

Old February 7th 04, 11:06 PM
Sharon Harper

LOL - No I'm guilty of ironing! And I should press seams more often than I
do. I'm learning.....

Old February 7th 04, 11:20 PM
D&D

I still have trouble remembering to press each seam LOL

Dee in Oz

"Sharon Harper" wrote
LOL - No I'm guilty of ironing! And I should press seams more often than

do. I'm learning.....

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Dee wrote It sure is hard to get into the habit of *pressing* those

Old February 9th 04, 12:57 AM
Eli

I took the quilt to the woman who's doing the quilting. She didn't think it
was so bad - said she has seen worse. I'm glad it's out of the house and I
don't have to look at it anymore. I'm not starting another project until
I'm over being frustrated with this one.