Frenzy

Old October 23rd 05, 07:58 AM
Kerensa

Default Frenzy

Was doing a sewing frenzy all day with one of my yahoo quilt groups. Had a
lot of fun. Learned to make a quilted insulated waterbottle carrier (which
works really well I must say lol 12 hours and I still have ice in my
waterbottle lol), made a bunch of embroidery blocks to make into a
wallhanging for a Secret Sister swap that I am in, and made some frenzy
prizes. Needless to say I didn't have much time to read the posts here, but
I plan on getting caught up later today. Just realized that it is almost
2am and need to go get myself in bed ;-) Have a great night everyone!
--
Hugs,
Kerensa

My Quilting Photos
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/a_web_junkie/my_photos

Old October 23rd 05, 09:35 AM
Cheryl in Oz

I've been snooping at your photos - wow!!

I also saw your EQ designs. The Equinox quilt is gorgeous, and
Starweaving!! Interested in joining a Virtual Quilting group of rctq
members? We are about to launch our first Round Robin. Invitation
forwarded - but feel free to accept or decline as you please. With all you
do you may not have the time!! LOL
--
Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau

hlink.net...

Old October 23rd 05, 10:48 AM
Sally Swindells

A belated welcome Kerensa. Yes - the 'wee small hours' will become
familiar to you - and you will become an expert at slipping silently
into bed in the dark and saying 'tomorrow' when asked the time!

What insulation did you use in the water bottle holder? - Its on my
'to do before next summer' list, but wondered about what to insulate
with.

Incidently, you'll never catch up with the posts - they just keep
multiplying.
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old October 23rd 05, 04:45 PM
Kerensa

Oh that sounds like lots of fun!!! I was going to do it through the EQ site
but never found any that were doing anything. I love playing in EQ lol
Think I have enough "quilts" made to cover the world lol Any certain rules
or anything? What do I need to do?
Hugs,
Kerensa

Old October 23rd 05, 04:59 PM
Kerensa

LOL oh yes, I've said that before ;-) The insulation is nothing other than
some thin 100% cotton batting that I bought at Walmart for the Pooh and
Friends' Trip Around the World quilt and the fabric ;-) I didn't think it
would really work that well, but it did! I got the directions from the
about.com website and finally gave it a whirl yesterday. If you'd like the
link just let me know. For a beginner, some of the directions were
confusing at first, but I managed to make a second one (even better than
mine lol) for the hostess of our frenzy as a thank you, and added a handle
to hers lol I'll upload the photo of them to my album if you'd like to see
them. Just follow the link in my signature. I've added the waterbottle
carriers to my Crafts folder and the emb blocks I made to the embroidery
folder. I hope to get those blocks made into the wallhanging today ;-)

Old October 23rd 05, 06:17 PM
Patti

Just had time to look at your photo site, Kerensa.
You have some really beautiful work there, a collection to be very proud
of. I specially love the stained glass square in a square - really
lovely.
I confess I visited your pets first! They are adorable. I love the mix
of 'tailed' and 'not' with Willow's kittens - at least, I think I saw
that g
How does that sweet little dog manage with all those kitties!! And how
did you 'train' them to get into the cutest poses?!
Thanks for sharing.
..
In message k.net,
Kerensa writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 23rd 05, 11:46 PM
Cheryl in Oz

Invited privately -
but happy to extend invites to any rctq'ers who might be interested.

The group is "closed" to minimise spamming but Jeanne and I will send anyone
who wants one an invite. Just hit reply to the invite and you're in!
--
Cheryl
cawaites@netconnectDOTcomDOTau
"catsatararat" on Yahoo msgr

hlink.net...

Old October 24th 05, 12:14 AM
Sally Swindells

I've found the pattern http://tinyurl.com/935wg
and printed it off all ready. I saw someone with a bottle holder on a
strap that went across their body and the bottle hung at their hip. It
was quite a wide strap and might have been slightly curved. Might try
that.

You could also attach a carabina (sp) that climbers use to attach it
to a belt if you used the smaller size bottle. (Saw someone with a
camara attached like that and thought what a good idea it was - camara
case is also on the to do list!)
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~

Old October 24th 05, 06:32 PM
C & S

A true quilter! Time flies when you're having creative fun. Just catching
up on the posts. Welcome! I've peaked at your pictures, a busy bee you
have been. Gorgeous quilts.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)

hlink.net...

Old October 25th 05, 05:44 PM
Kerensa

Thank you very much!! I do love those frenzy days, can get caught up on
everything I've gotten behind on ;-) Thanks for the compliment on my
photos!

Bidding frenzy hector madden Glass 17 November 17th 04 02:20 PM
Story - Snow Frenzy Karen_AZ Beads 9 December 7th 03 08:07 PM
Framing Frenzy Farleyaw Needlework 3 November 19th 03 03:41 AM