OT-birthday coming up

Old December 28th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Default OT-birthday coming up

Awww this is really touching. While I'm not getting that old, I'm having
issues with being closer to 30 than 20. This was nice to read, and it puts
some things into perspective.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weathered faces lined in pain
are soothed beneath the artist's
loving hand. - Don McLean
"Henry" wrote in message
My 25th birthday was sort of depressing. 25 years on this earth and I had
not done very much with my life. Or so I thought. Stopped celebrating
birthdays that year. Not important when I was born, nor when I die. What
happens between the two events is what is important.

* People told me the big x0s were the depressing ones. Not so.

* 30 came and I was to busy to notice.

* 40 came and I knew I was in the prime of life. Plus I graduated from
college two years previous and starting a new life and new career.

* 50 came and I was to busy enjoying my career to notice. My wife took me
out to dinner the following weekend and I was thrilled.

* 60 came and now 62 is around the corner. For the rest of my life I am
going to learn new things. Decided to learn a little about woodturning,
then wood carving, now jewelry, next will be oil painting (not the house).
And, who knows after that. Oh wait, need to know how a watch works. Need
to know what kind of rock it is that I just tripped on.

* no time for birthdays and no time for sadness.

Have a GREAT day, GREAT week, GREAT month and GREAT new year. Tony the
tiger would have said it better, but your stuck with me saying it.

Henry

Old December 29th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Can't offer any advice but wanted to wish you a happy, happy birthday!
Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Patti wrote:
My birthday is on Sunday. No, this is not a ploy for birthday wishes,
beads (well, maybe, lol), but a question.

I'm changing decades this year and I find myself really depressed
about it. Does anyone else get depressed on their birthdays,
especially big ones? Normally, I'm not depressed about getting older,
this year is unusual. I'm not really depressed, just a little down,
maybe it's because it's raining. I really hate rain. Or maybe because
I'm back from the Southwest which I love and in NJ which I hate....

Chime in with your opinions, ok? I'm off to the movies, my
antidepression device.

Patti

Old December 29th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Thanks, everyone for your best wishes and your advice. I've decided I
will give myself today, the last day I will be 59, to be depressed
about it. I'm really tired anyway, and sitting around reading,
watching the Southwest jewelry on QVC, and taking it easy. Tomorrow
we are going to Philly to see the Renoir Landscape exhibit, which
should really be fun. We're also going out for New Years Eve, which is
something we rarely do, to a restaurant. One of the guys I work with
is playing in the band who will be performing there.

Happy New Year to all,

Patti
Old December 29th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

"Patti" wrote in message
Thanks, everyone for your best wishes and your advice. I've decided I
will give myself today, the last day I will be 59, to be depressed
about it. I'm really tired anyway, and sitting around reading,
watching the Southwest jewelry on QVC, and taking it easy. Tomorrow
we are going to Philly to see the Renoir Landscape exhibit, which
should really be fun. We're also going out for New Years Eve, which is
something we rarely do, to a restaurant. One of the guys I work with
is playing in the band who will be performing there.

Happy New Year to all,

Patti

I'm only 3 years behind you. I'm a grandma, I'm almost totally grey, and my
arthritis gets worse every day, but I have the mind and soul of a much
younger gal!

Have a wonderful birthday and a great new years!

Linda2

Old December 31st 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Thanks Henry!! The eyes are some of my more creepy stuff. At least to me.

I'll take your word for it (for now!) and try and remember what you said
when I hit 30.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valeriebeads.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com

Weathered faces lined in pain
are soothed beneath the artist's
loving hand. - Don McLean
"Henry" wrote in message
Thanks.

Went to your web site and your blog. Based on what I have seen of your
talent, you are not going to have time for any depression.

For me, the very best years were between 30 and 58. You have a lot to
look forward to.

By the way, I enjoyed the green eyes.

Henry

Old December 31st 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Oooh Patti! You won't regret seeing the Renoir paintings. THAT should cheer
you up I think. I had the opportunity to see a wonderful exhibit of a lot of
the old Impressionist masters a few years ago and I count it as one of the
best things I have ever gotten to see/do. I could have stayed there for days
studying each one. I hope you have fun!!

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 31st 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

I'm only 3 years behind you. I'm a grandma, I'm almost totally grey, and
my arthritis gets worse every day, but I have the mind and soul of a much
younger gal!

I can actually vouch for this!! Linda is so much fun. (and I miss her!!)

--
Valerie

EQ6 is coming! Valerie in FL Quilting 10 October 26th 06 09:57 PM
Without coming right out and saying it Wooly Yarn 6 February 4th 06 10:45 AM
New LNS coming soon liz Needlework 22 January 20th 06 06:47 PM
my wholecloth is coming my Quilts of Provence is coming bdiane Quilting 2 February 10th 05 08:49 PM
OT GWB is coming to NS Gillian Murray Needlework 5 November 25th 04 06:32 PM