Paper Piece Pineapple thing

Old October 25th 05, 05:34 AM
Tricia

Default Paper Piece Pineapple thing

Okay, my mind is bouncing around ideas again (always seems to happen, I
think about one thing, see something else, and the mind goes raring
away that way and never lights on something too long) but anyway ...

I picked up Alex Anderson's Paperpiecing book from the library. I'm
inspired by the Pineapple and want to put it in my reserve of things to
try.

Problem: The book is bound in such a way that I can't get a clear
undistorted photocopy of the (permission granted reproducable) page for
the paper piecing pattern for that block. I can't screw up the binding
becuase the book is from the library (they tend to frown on that type
of thing *smirk*). I am wondering if anyone has been able to get a
clear copy of the paper piecing pineapple and would send me a copy so
it can go in my "wanna do" pile?

Danke,
Tricia

Old October 25th 05, 05:37 AM
Sharon Harper

Have you got Greaseproof paper? Not the waxed stuff you wrap sandwiches in
but similar to baking paper. Or tracing paper.

Rip some off the roll and trace the picture with that. Then photocopy that
picture. Actually most of my PP stuff is done that way - and I just trace
"x" amount of copies.

quicker)

oups.com...

Old October 25th 05, 08:45 AM
dreamboat

There is a paper piecing 15" pineapple block at
quilterscache. click below:
http://www.quilterscache.com/P_R/Pineapple2Block.html
Hope this is helpful.
dreamboat
http://community.webshots.com/user/dreamboat116

oups.com...

Old October 25th 05, 03:24 PM
Regina

Tricia wrote:

Problem: The book is bound in such a way that I can't get a clear
undistorted photocopy... I am wondering if anyone has been able to get a
clear copy of the paper piecing pineapple and would send me a copy so
it can go in my "wanna do" pile?

Danke,
Tricia

Tricia-
I think Sharon is referring to parchment paper. Some grocerer stores
carry it and kitchen stores, too. BTW That's a great idea for tracing,
Sharron!

I could make you a copy of the pattern out of my book if you are still
looking for one. Email me off group.
Regards,
Gina in Colorado

Old October 25th 05, 04:34 PM
Marcella Peek

In article .com,
"Tricia" wrote:

[...]

Sorry I can't help with the copies, I don't have that book. Do they
have a photocopy machine at the library? You might plead helpless to a
librarian and see if he/she will squish the book for you.

There are corrections on the book on the publishers website you might
want to check before sewing incase any corrections apply to what you are
working on:

http://www.ctpub.com/client/client_p...rata/10264.cfm

marcella
Old October 25th 05, 05:17 PM
Susan Laity Price

Try to photocopy the page with the binding off the edge of the machine
and see if you can get a good quality copy of half of the pattern. If
you do then just cut and paste to have a full size master pattern to
copy. While you are waiting for the time to make an entire quilt from
the pineapple pattern why not make a few placemats or table cover. The
pineapple pattern if perfect for this type of project. For the
placemat use the pineapple technique to create a rectangle.

Susan

Old October 25th 05, 05:42 PM
Tricia

Thank you all for the suggestions and the links. =)

I hadn't looked hard enough to realize that it was a symmetrical
pattern (was tired when I looked at it -- frequent state of being
lately with medication adjustments).

Off to play,
T. =)

Old October 25th 05, 05:53 PM
Tricia

Marcella,

Thanks for those corrections -- they did apply to the edition of the
book I have borrowed from the library. I printed them up and put them
with the book witha note stating they are publisher's corrections.
Hopefully, the library staff will find a permanent way to include them
with the book for future users.

Thanks again,
Tricia