Mirjam

Old July 24th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Thursday July 20th 09.31 after a night in the Shelter Mirjam

Tia Mary wrote:
wrote:
.... I've been told many times to ignore Karen. It's pretty good advice
really.

She seems to need to be the center of attention. It seems whenever
there is something awful going on in the world, be it war or natural
disaster, she says she knows someone involved in it. It's ironic that
on one hand she claims to have no friends and on the other she has
friends all over the world when a catastrophe hits.

My prayers are with you and all the innocents in both Israel and
Lebonan. Men make war, women and children suffer.

Caryn
Quaker for Peace

"Quaker for Peace" my Irish arse! I had an "unrelated" aunt who was
a Quaker and she's probably rolling over in her grave right now in
response to that phrase at the end of this kind of post! This is NOT
any sort of a "peaceful" post but it IS another slanderous, mean,
hateful, nasty and bullying post. If you had quit after that first
sentence this whole episode could have been avoided!
If you want to send words of support to Mirjam -- as should we all
-- don't tack them on to the end of a hateful, cruel post. There is
enough hate and cruelty being perpetrated in the Middle East as it is!

Try reading up on non-violent protests, civil disobedience and the
history of Quakerism before you dare to berate me as being a "bad
Quaker."

You obviously don't know anything at all about Quakers, even tho you
claim your aunt was one. BTW, which branch was she in? I'm Hicksite,
a member in good standing of my meeting, and I've met Friends who are
far more vocal that me about lots of issues.

I see people on this list attempt to bully another, I speak up, because
I feel it is the right thing to do. I see someone who is obviously
attempting to decieve others, and I speak up. You have the option of
turning the other cheek, as Jesus preached, but you do not. This
doesn't make me a bad Friend, this makes a bunch of you bad Christians
(assuming that is your chosen religion) as far as I understand the
Gospels.

My Inner Light tells me that speaking up for the bullied and against
the deceivers is the right thing to do, as far as I'm concerned I'm
squared with God. How you can attack me on a personal level, attack
the way I follow my religion (one you very clearly do not understand),
attack the way Victoria practices Buddhism (another religion beyond
you)....all that shows me is that you might want to do a little
intraspection and see how you feel you are serving God yourself.

I was giving Mirjam advice, the same advice I've gotten on numerous
occasions.

Take it yourself, if you don't like me and my posts, killfile me,
ignore me, but don't keep attacking me and expect me not to respond.
You yourself won't do it, why on Earth should you expect it of me?

Caryn

Old July 24th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

Now I`m an atheist, Mary, so have no axe to grind, and while I agree with
much of what you say, I do think it`s a bit over the top to jeer at anyone
for the way they follow WHATEVER religion. All they can do is the best they
can, even if it may not always appear to us to be all that good! ;-)) "Only
God/Allah/Whatever is perfect!"

I do wish that people who deeply dislike Karen would just killfile her, just
as I have, for the same reasons! It does save on the blood pressure!

Pat P

wrote in message
ups.com...

Tia Mary wrote:
wrote:
[...]

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary

Old July 24th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default Friday morning July 21st was Thursday July 20th 09.31.......

I am not sure it is a good idea for me to respond to this post; I
know before I start that I cannot possibly win. What I actually believe
is that Canada, along with many other countries, is under threat from
Muslim fanatics. The threat does not come from outside Canada, but is
"home grown". It comes from Muslim fanatics who may well have been born
in Canada, and who hide amongst Muslim fundamentalists. Until the Muslim
community can convince the Commissioner of the RCMP that they are *not* a
threat, then so far as I am concerned, they *are* a threat.

i would honestly like to know how someone proves he or she is not a threat.
There is a good reason that the legal system requires someone to prove you
are guilty, and does not require you to prove you are innocent.
Take an oath??? Show a membership in nice approved organizations?? Rat
out someone?? What makes a person innocent of terrorism????
Dawne

Old July 24th 06, 05:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Pat P wrote:
Now I`m an atheist, Mary, so have no axe to grind, and while I agree with
much of what you say, I do think it`s a bit over the top to jeer at anyone
for the way they follow WHATEVER religion. All they can do is the best they
can, even if it may not always appear to us to be all that good! ;-)) "Only
God/Allah/Whatever is perfect!"

I do wish that people who deeply dislike Karen would just killfile her, just
as I have, for the same reasons! It does save on the blood pressure!

Pat P

I understand what you are saying Pat and generally agree with you. I
have a real problem with someone posting mean, hateful things to a
VERY public forum and then professing to belong to a peaceful religion.
I just don't see the justification in this at all. It only takes a
bit of self-control to keep from saying *both* of those opposing things
in the same post.
Regardless of who said what to or about whom, the things said were
just plain mean and were said to belittle and hurt the other person.
This is not what one would or should expect from a person who professes
to belong to a peaceful, non-violent religion. CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 24th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

"Dawne Peterson" ) writes:

i would honestly like to know how someone proves he or she is not a threat.
There is a good reason that the legal system requires someone to prove you
are guilty, and does not require you to prove you are innocent.
Take an oath??? Show a membership in nice approved organizations?? Rat
out someone?? What makes a person innocent of terrorism????
Dawne

I agree with you completely, Dawne. But it is still a very real
problem. If I am correct that fanatical Muslims are a home grown threat
to Canada, then Canadian law enforcement agencies would be derelict in
their duties if they did not keep tabs on Muslims in Canada. What can the
Muslim community do to convince the rest of us that they are not a threat?
I do not know, but until the world wide Muslim community is not seen as a
threat, then either Muslims in Canada must change in some way to convince
the RCMP they are no threat, or they will continue to be "under a
microscope", and distrusted by a significant portion of the Canadian
population.

Old July 24th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Pat P wrote:
Now I`m an atheist, Mary, so have no axe to grind, and while I agree with
much of what you say, I do think it`s a bit over the top to jeer at anyone
for the way they follow WHATEVER religion. All they can do is the best they
can, even if it may not always appear to us to be all that good! ;-)) "Only
God/Allah/Whatever is perfect!"

I do wish that people who deeply dislike Karen would just killfile her, just
as I have, for the same reasons! It does save on the blood pressure!

Pat P

Sadly, I had purposely skipped Karen's post (as I still use Google,
because I can use it at work and at home). I saw what she said in
Mirjam's reply.

Is it not strange that the person in question doesnt even attempt to
stick up for herself?

Caryn

Old July 24th 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message
[...]

I`m afraid that only time can take care of that - time in which he/she
doesn`t step out of line!

Pat P

Old July 24th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Pat P wrote:
[...]

And that, of course, is why Religion is one of the three subjects not
discussed in "Polite Society" - LOL!

Pat P

Old July 24th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

wrote in message
oups.com...

Pat P wrote:
[...]

Caryn - much as I love you, do please SHUT UP!

Pat P

Old July 24th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default OT friday night was Thursday ,,,,

As you Understood Pat , this Rockets make the blits a disney world ,
they are quick , silent [ you don`t hear them coming , the older
Katjushas one could hear] , they are rather heavy [ they go through 3
floors of a house ] and they are stuffed with 20-40 kg of Metal
pallets that fly far and can kill with impact .

What you are going through really makes email clashes pale into total
insignificance, Mirjam. Nice to hear from you and to know you are safe -
please stay that way. Thank you for keeping us informed about what`s REALLY
happening in Haifa.

Thus yes i do think that some of the bickering and or name calling
pales a bit, in my eyes .. We are in REAL danger ,,,
Anyway after getting adjusted , i am back to my working , Knit ,
trnaslate embroider. Alas i am not weaving since my loom is under the
roof which is a `bit` more dangerous,,, I am knitting a cotton 1/4
sleeves shirt. And a friend reminded me that i crocheted a beautiful
sweater during Gulf war 1 when we were rocketed by the Iraqui Squads.

Since the whole North of Israel is confined to shelters and save
rooms, there are no `normal` sounds, Birds are heard as in the early
morning, And far awy sounds of the war Further away from us sort of
lingers in the air , probbaly the Sea carries a lot of the noises.
The blessed [ life saving ] sirenes are heard clear all over and
there is a specail local Radio that also sounds the sirens and at
night you camn leave it open [ it is silent unless there is siren ]
great invention ,,,

Many people from the middle of the country invited families from the
north to come and stay with them , [ complete strangers].

While this goes on the south around the border of Gaza strip ]
get Cassams [ an other kind of missiles]
Never a dull moment here ,,,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Craftkitten Yarn 7 May 13th 06 08:20 AM
letter from Gemini, special attn: Mirjam norma woods Yarn 0 July 6th 04 07:06 PM
reply to Mirjam Jan Lennie Needlework 42 November 24th 03 07:30 AM
MIRJAM..Thankyou... Cher Yarn 4 November 8th 03 02:40 PM