Mirjam

Old July 22nd 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Default Friday morning July 21st was Thursday July 20th 09.31.......

Tia Mary ) writes:
Pat P wrote:
..... illegal immigrants immediately? No questions, no special

circumstances. Just
get the hell back to where they came from. If they don`t like the regime in
their own country then work on changing it. Don`t bring your problems over
here. Conform to our laws or get stuffed.

Pat P

Amen to that. I am still appalled that Western countries allow
illegal aliens so much leeway. I still wonder WHY people who come here
from countries with repressive rulers try to change this country to be
more like what they left?!?!? CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)

I am not sure whether other countries have similar things, but in
Canada we have things called "Security Certificates". If there is a
non-Canadian who has somehow got into the country, and our authorities
feel he/she is undesirable, they can issue such a certificate. The alien
has the choice of leaving Canada, and going home, or going to jail. Any
form of judicial process is done in secret; e.g. appeals agaist the
security certificate.
We have a lot of bleeding hearts who feel these security certificates
ought to be illegal. However, I feel these people have the keys to their
own jail, so if Canadian authorities think non-Canadians are a threat to
us, security certificates are a perfectly legitimate process.
Old July 22nd 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

WE are all unhappy with those civilians getting caught in the fire ,
but you have to know that the Hizbulla planted their Launchers in the
middle of civilian places , they shoot from there in the double
purpose , to harm us , make us either not shoot back, becuase we don`t
want to harm unarmed people , or Make more people shot on their side ,
and make us seem more vicious than they are ...
As i wrote in my long letter Yesterday , the Fundamentalists
/terrorists make use of our democratic traits,

How would you react after 6 years of keeping your side of the border
quiet while the other sides , makes `little ` incidents , a shooting
here on farmers , a katjusha there on chidren`s buses , kidnappinig 3
soldiers 3 years ago , holding them dead but trading with `info about
them`, shooting when ever and where ever they want into our villages
,,,, And all this while they should have been diarmed and the
Lebaneses Army should have sat there in the first place ????
Where excatly is trhis Island near Argentina ? i never understood why
the UK went there in the first place ,,, Did they shoot into your
villages,
If this fight didn`t start now it would have started in a year or two
and than the Iranian Centipede would have done it all over ,, Turkey
is above them , Greece is near ,,,,, and Italy isn`t that fur either
...mirjam
Ps Pat i saw on the BBC you New `more moderate` Imam apeaking about
the will of British Muslims to intergrate more into British society ,
but also to Teach your society some of their Values. In fact they
insisted on this aspect.
------------
While writing this i had 2 Alarms , an heard several `falls` ,,
i am now back to say ,, good bye and to tell you befor judging ,
knowing more what really is going on.
mirjam
ps i still don`t agree with James`s deffinitions,
mirjam

Old July 22nd 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
nabokovsmuse

Default Thursday July 20th 09.31 after a night in the Shelter Mirjam

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:13 -0400, Tia Mary

.... I've been told many times to ignore Karen. It's pretty good advice
really.

She seems to need to be the center of attention. It seems whenever
there is something awful going on in the world, be it war or natural
disaster, she says she knows someone involved in it. It's ironic that
on one hand she claims to have no friends and on the other she has
friends all over the world when a catastrophe hits.

My prayers are with you and all the innocents in both Israel and
Lebonan. Men make war, women and children suffer.

Caryn
Quaker for Peace

"Quaker for Peace" my Irish arse! I had an "unrelated" aunt who was
a Quaker and she's probably rolling over in her grave right now in
response to that phrase at the end of this kind of post! This is NOT
any sort of a "peaceful" post but it IS another slanderous, mean,
hateful, nasty and bullying post. If you had quit after that first
sentence this whole episode could have been avoided!
If you want to send words of support to Mirjam -- as should we all
-- don't tack them on to the end of a hateful, cruel post. There is
enough hate and cruelty being perpetrated in the Middle East as it is!

And this is not a control issue, just in case anyone preceives the
poster to be a control freak! Wooooooooohooooooooooo. Let the idiocy
begin.

Ah, the creature rises from her lair. I can't imagine anyone in the group
not predicting that she would reappear to attack Tia Mary at the most
opportune moment, after the framing finale discussion ended. As a matter of
fact, some friends and I had a friendly wager underway as to how soon the
attack would occur. I won the bet, by the way. The idiocy she so
appropriately made reference to began the instant her post appeared.
"Freudian slip" has such special meaning at this juncture. I can envision
a veritable flurry of f**ks on the way, LOL.

Old July 22nd 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

I've always wondered...is a Freudian slip knee-length or floor-length?

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles
Old July 22nd 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

SNORT!

On 7/22/06 12:17 PM, in article
, "Brenda Lewis"

Old July 23rd 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

nabokovsmuse wrote:

"Freudian slip" has such special meaning at this juncture.

It's not *that* type of slip. It's more the type where you slip on
the floor because it's covered with schmutz :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old July 23rd 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Aha, so it is worn with a poodle skirt!

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Or with some poodle you haven`t noticed
mirjam

It's not *that* type of slip. It's more the type where you slip on
the floor because it's covered with schmutz :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^

--
Brenda
....unless "Weird Al" is involved in which case it is a poodle hat...
Old July 23rd 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

I've seen the word before but never knew what it was. Of course the
name sounds a bit pornographic--especially since I've usually seen it
paired with feathers!

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
OOOOOPS i meant a Puddle of course ,,, but did you know that there
used to be a female clothing item called `Furbelow` , it was a kind of
coat with fur sewn on the under hem .
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Craftkitten Yarn 7 May 13th 06 08:20 AM
letter from Gemini, special attn: Mirjam norma woods Yarn 0 July 6th 04 07:06 PM
reply to Mirjam Jan Lennie Needlework 42 November 24th 03 07:30 AM
MIRJAM..Thankyou... Cher Yarn 4 November 8th 03 02:40 PM