Mirjam

Old July 24th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default Thursday July 20th 09.31 after a night in the Shelter Mirjam

wrote:
Meanwhile, your comments about me in this VERY PUBLIC FORUM weren't
meant to be vicious and hurtful?

Caryn

My posts are not meant to be purposefully vicious or hurtful and if
you think they have been, perhaps I have touched a nerve? Did I call
you mean names or say you were a terrible person or say something to you
that was purposefully mean and hurtful? NO -- I said I didn't think
what you had said was the sort of thing a person who subscribes to a
*peaceful* belief system would or should do. I'm not saying these
things to purposefully hurt you. I'm not being mean -- being mean would
be to say something -- in a very public forum -- like "You are a BAD
Quaker because you don't follow the precepts taught by that religion".
I did ask that you show me how this behaviour is in line with the belief
system you profess to follow because the behaviour I saw displayed in
your post didn't jibe with what I knew of your professed religion.
If you don't want your religious beliefs to be discussed, then you
shouldn't bring them up (Pat's certainly right in saying religion --
among other things -- should not be discussed in "polite society"). You
told me to learn more about The Society of Friends and I did just that
and still can't understand your behaviour. Telling you this isn't being
vicious and hurtful. I think what hurts is the fact that I don't
believe you are the peaceful person you want or claim to be and I had
the temerity to post about it. Nor do I believe you follow the general
tenets of your chosen religious belief system to the extent you want
people to think you do -- at least not from the wording of your post
about Karen.
WHY, pray tell, is it OK for you to say mean, hurtful things about
someone but it's NOT OK for me to confront you over doing so, especially
after -- in virtually the next sentence -- you loudly and proudly
profess to be an adherent of a peaceful belief system? I know most of
us can take care of ourselves and others don't need me to do so for
them. But I need "me" to do so because I have grown increasingly irked
as a result of the mean, purposefully hurtful things so many people
think they have the "right" to post -- said mean, hurtful things being
nothing more than personal opinions and not fact. You might not agree
but I do try to phrase these posts in language that is NOT purposely
mean or hurtful -- I don't call people names or accuse them unjustly of
unacceptable behaviour -- that being behaviour commonly agreed to be
unacceptable in our culture. I'm not trying to hurt, belittle or demean
you on purpose. I AM loudly disagreeing with you and pointing out the
basis for this. If you think that's being vicious and hurtful then I
fear (my opinion, of course) you have lead an exceedingly sheltered life.

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 24th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Tia Mary" wrote in message

I AM loudly disagreeing with you .....................

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)

Well, you`re sure as hell deafening us now! LOLOLOL! Give us a break, both
of you, or I`ll have to invest in ear-plugs!

Old July 24th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Tia Mary ,,, first of all you might be surprised but all of us You
included see the same Non israeli programs.
The supposed friend of Karen did `report` about something that
according to her happened in a part of Israel Norther than Haifa, and
from the way she gave the info it was TOTTALY wrong,. Although we are
closed in our homes [ mainly because those rockets have those pellets
+ their explosives] , we are conected to all the radio and tv
stations, as well as phone connections with friends , colleagues
etc,,, and i make daily rounds of calls .
Said friend according to Karen lives in Tel Aviv, Where wonder upon
wonder They also watch the same TV stations , and hear the same radio
stations ,
Israel isn`t the USA , it is a very small country , you can travel
the LENGTH in 7 hours driving ,,, The width in less than an hour ....
Thus information is easily available from part to part ,

Karen or her source , spread a strange rumour in the first letter
where she wrote that not all People in the north were bunkered , when
in fact all 1.5 people including me [ And haifs is the Biggest
Northern city , but not Most north of Israel . When sje wrote this 1.5
people were already closed in their houses, and a 1 million of those
were `bunkered in` their shelters or safe rooms.
In times of wars , and hard times , when daily people get wounded and
some can die any moment, Forwarding false rumour is unkind and even
evil.
Karen herself `admited ` that her friend` isn` well spoken in Hebrew.

. Since you are in Haifa and can give us
updates as to the situation in your part of Israel, I should imagine
that Karen was simply passing along information for a different part of
Israel.

Here you make the same mistake Karen does , ISRAEL isn`t big enough
for this, kind of sitation , any news known in one side , is known in
minutes on the other side. I have friends who call me while i hear the
the alarm ,,,

We trust you to be telling us what you have seen or heard as the
*truth* for your part of Israel. Another person could very well post

I think Madam that you Owe me an apology , As i said before you have
no clue about the size of the country , and how systems here work ,
I assure you that My information here is Correct. For somebody
spending some time here preaching to Caryn about how she should behave
according to her religion. You sure are showing your ignornace about a
country you never lived in , and about which you don`t know any thing.

You don`t know how big this city is , you don`t know where i sit , And
for sure you NOTHING about how the local society and community here
works, nore how the Press etc here work.
here and tell us something totally different about the same part of
Israel. That doesn't mean the other person "is spreading rumors,
telling half truths and half made up stories". It simply means the other
person has seen or heard different things than you.
When you also add
in the fact that the person Karen knows is in a different area than you
it makes it even more difficult to determine what the actual facts

I tell you once again ,,, you are ignorant of the facts , this isn`t
USA , Israel is small , and we know everything quite quickly , through
the grapevines ,,, Not rummours, We know whom to trust ,and how to
process information ,,,
mirjam

really are. CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 24th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Mirjam

Thank you Angela
mirjam

:21 -0400, "Angbug" wrote:

"shan" wrote in message
. ..
Has anyone heard from Mirjam today?

Oh gosh.. that's right.. I totally forgot that she was from that area.. My
prayer is that she is safe. Israel is always in my prayers.

Angela

Old July 24th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I think that one can discuss Religion in any group , if it is for
understanding , and knowing better the Partner of the discussion .
Not to offend or insult
[ we have an alarm now ,,,]
It is only by reading and asking that [ and studying] that i learned
much about Christians , Muslims and Druze.
Cultural discussions if made with respect to the other side , can
enrich the speakers , widen their horizons,
ut even if you are an Aetheist, a discussion about various `religions
` can widen your knowledge about other people .
I think each should Follow their own, and usually i do not comment on
this , Besides my comments about Victoria, who does her best to be
different from what she claims to be.
I am not well read about the Quakers, but as it has been mentioned i
am going to read a bit more.
mirjam

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Pat P wrote:
Now I`m an atheist, Mary, so have no axe to grind, and while I agree with
much of what you say, I do think it`s a bit over the top to jeer at
anyone for the way they follow WHATEVER religion. All they can do is the
best they can, even if it may not always appear to us to be all that
good! ;-)) "Only God/Allah/Whatever is perfect!"

I do wish that people who deeply dislike Karen would just killfile her,
just as I have, for the same reasons! It does save on the blood
pressure!

Pat P

I understand what you are saying Pat and generally agree with you. I
have a real problem with someone posting mean, hateful things to a VERY
public forum and then professing to belong to a peaceful religion. I just
don't see the justification in this at all. It only takes a bit of
self-control to keep from saying *both* of those opposing things in the
same post.
Regardless of who said what to or about whom, the things said were just
plain mean and were said to belittle and hurt the other person. This is
not what one would or should expect from a person who professes to belong
to a peaceful, non-violent religion. CiaoMeow ^;;^

And that, of course, is why Religion is one of the three subjects not
discussed in "Polite Society" - LOL!

Pat P

Old July 25th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Pat P wrote:
Well, you`re sure as hell deafening us now! LOLOLOL! Give us a break, both
of you, or I`ll have to invest in ear-plugs!

Do the words BITE ME have any significant meaning for you (R&D&H)
:-)! Sorry -- I couldn't resist. Besides -- when did I or do I ever do
anything quietly -- LOLOL? CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 25th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Pat P wrote:
Well, you`re sure as hell deafening us now! LOLOLOL! Give us a break,
both of you, or I`ll have to invest in ear-plugs!

Do the words BITE ME have any significant meaning for you (R&D&H) :-)!
Sorry -- I couldn't resist. Besides -- when did I or do I ever do
anything quietly -- LOLOL? CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)

Hahaha! You`ve been taking lessons from Victoria!

Pat P

Old July 25th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Pat P wrote:
Hahaha! You`ve been taking lessons from Victoria!

Pat P

OY the pain!!!!!!! I'll let her "keep the title" on that one. When
I tell DD to bite me her standard response is that she can't because
doesn't have all day -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old July 25th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tegan

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
It is only by reading and asking that [ and studying] that i learned
much about Christians , Muslims and Druze.

I'm staying FAR away from any discussions regarding the current
situations, other than to wish Mirjam and all hers as much safety as
possible. However, I'm curious about this one word you used: Druze?
Who? Where religion is concerned, I'll admit to almost complete
ignorance, but I thought I knew most of the players... I've never heard
this one before, or if I have, it's been by another name.

Stay safe, Mirjam!
Tegan

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Craftkitten Yarn 7 May 13th 06 08:20 AM
letter from Gemini, special attn: Mirjam norma woods Yarn 0 July 6th 04 07:06 PM
reply to Mirjam Jan Lennie Needlework 42 November 24th 03 07:30 AM
MIRJAM..Thankyou... Cher Yarn 4 November 8th 03 02:40 PM