decisions, decisions...

Old March 10th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

Default decisions, decisions...

I just found out today that my brother is expecting baby #3, about 2 1/2
months after he leaves for Iraq (if she stays pregnant that long. Last two
were preemies!)

For the first baby, I made a quilt. For the second, I knit a blankie. Now
how should I make the third blankie?

Time to pull out patterns and get busy, as I probably should have it ready
and sent before he leaves!

What would you do?

Old March 10th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Mar 10, 6:18*am, "Mystified One" wrote:
I just found out today that my brother is expecting baby #3, about 2 1/2
months after he leaves for Iraq (if she stays pregnant that long. *Last two
were preemies!)

For the first baby, I made a quilt. *For the second, I knit a blankie. *Now
how should I make the third blankie?

Time to pull out patterns and get busy, as I probably should have it ready
and sent *before he leaves!

What would you do?

I would make either something for the eldest, who probably out grew
all his former presents , and No. 3 already inherits the 2 blankies of
the older ones. Or make a toy for all 3 [ one for each etc,, Ps
are the babies going to Iraq ???? if not why does the present be ready
before your brother goes there?
mirjam
Old March 10th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

No, babies are staying home with Mom. It's just that since it'll be hand
made, I'd really like for him to see it before he goes.

Old March 10th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

wrote in message

On Mar 10, 6:18 am, "Mystified One" wrote:

I just found out today that my brother is expecting baby #3, about 2 1/2
months after he leaves for Iraq (if she stays pregnant that long. Last two
were preemies!)

For the first baby, I made a quilt. For the second, I knit a blankie. Now
how should I make the third blankie?

Time to pull out patterns and get busy, as I probably should have it ready
and sent before he leaves!

What would you do?

I would make either something for the eldest, who probably out grew
all his former presents , and No. 3 already inherits the 2 blankies of
the older ones. Or make a toy for all 3 [ one for each etc,, * * *Ps
are the babies going to Iraq ???? if not why does the present be ready
before your brother goes there?
mirjam

After i sent this i realized you would probably want your brother to
see it !!!!thus i apologize for hasty sending of my question.
mirjam
Old March 10th 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

No problem. As a matter of fact, since his first two children were
preemies, I'm going to assume that this next one will be as well! g

Old March 10th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

wrote in message

[...]

mirjam- Hide quoted text -

Well let`s hope for your sister in law that this time the baby will be
more mature , But main thing is i wish you all a HEALTHY BABY ,,,,,
have you decided on the present ?
mirjam
Old March 10th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

Only thing I know is that the last two were blankets. One quilted, one
knitted. I don't want to do the same pattern again, but I would like to
give another handmade gift.

Last time I saw him was when his MIL died. The oldest was about 8 months
old at the time. A couple months later, my favorite uncle died. That's
when they found out they were expecting #2, who was probably conceived about
the same time MIL died. Both girls are doing great. IMHO, this probably
isn't a great time considering he's leaving, but that can't be helped, and
he said he was there for the important part!

At any rate, everything I send to the girls says "from your favorite aunt",
which cracks him up since I'm their ONLY aunt! g

Old March 10th 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

wrote in message

[...]

Lucky you for Being an Aunt , and Lucky them for Having an aunt , and
one who spills her love into her own made presents !!!!
2 girls ,,,, why not 2 a bit different knitted dolls ???? they might
enjoy for many years ,, you know , an alomgated doll that a kid can
cryy under his arm ,,,,
mirjam
Old March 10th 08, 10:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 04:18:16 +0000, Mystified One wrote:

I just found out today that my brother is expecting baby #3, about 2 1/2
months after he leaves for Iraq (if she stays pregnant that long. Last
two were preemies!)

For the first baby, I made a quilt. For the second, I knit a blankie.
Now how should I make the third blankie?

Time to pull out patterns and get busy, as I probably should have it ready
and sent before he leaves!

What would you do?

Are you able to crochet? Possibly you could make a cot cover using
granny squares.

--
Blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
Old March 10th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

I'm wondering if you can somehow combine the knitting and quilting?

Somewhere in the chaos I call home is a "Golden Hands" book (I think) that
has a pattern for a bedspread that's made with squares of fabric crochet
together into a lovely quilt/duvet cover.

That way, if you have any fabric/wool left over from the first two
project-gifts you could incorporate them into the combined medium gift.

Sorry if it's a horrible idea.

Murielle