bridal gown pattern

Old January 21st 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default bridal gown pattern

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I am looking for a bridal gown patern with a pleat inset at the back which
will continue for a train. I have looked through all the usual pattern books
but no joy.
Hope someone out that can help.
Kind Regards
Jacquie

Old January 21st 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Jacquie Joyce wrote:
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I am looking for a bridal gown patern with a pleat inset at the back which
will continue for a train. I have looked through all the usual pattern books
but no joy.

Maybe you could look at Pattern Master Celebrations and see if they have
that option.

http://www.wildginger.com/products/pmcelebrations.htm
Old January 22nd 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

"Jacquie Joyce" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I am looking for a bridal gown patern with a pleat inset at the back
which will continue for a train. I have looked through all the usual
pattern books but no joy.

Like this?
http://home.comcast.net/~ickesbe/wsb...D-1687440.html

I re-designed an old Vogue pattern for my DD's gown, and added an
inverted pleat front and back.

Simplicity 4731 has an inverted *front* pleat, but apparently not a
back pleat.
Vogue 2788 does have a back pleat, if the rest of the style works for
you (empire waisted princess-seamed dress).
Butterick 4452 is a two-piece dress with a pleat in the back of the
skirt.
Butterick 4228 is also two-piece and has a pleat in both the front and
back of the skirt.
Butterick 4843 has a back pleat in the skirt (view E).

HTH,

Beverly

Old January 22nd 06, 09:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Hi
Thank you so much for all of your help. You have now given me some
inspiration.
Thank you again
Jacquie :-)

Old January 22nd 06, 10:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

BEI Design wrote:

Like this?
http://home.comcast.net/~ickesbe/wsb...D-1687440.html

I re-designed an old Vogue pattern for my DD's gown, and added an
inverted pleat front and back.

Oh, nice job, Mom. She looks gorgeous - you must be very proud. Did
you do the BMs as well?

Sally
Old January 22nd 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

"Sally Holmes" wrote in message
BEI Design wrote:

Like this?
http://home.comcast.net/~ickesbe/wsb...D-1687440.html

I re-designed an old Vogue pattern for my DD's gown, and added an
inverted pleat front and back.

Oh, nice job, Mom. She looks gorgeous - you must be very proud.

Thanks! It was a dream job. Karen and I spent many hours together in
the design and selection of fabric stages. Her older sister and I
spent hours sewing on all the Swarovski crystals. The gown won a
couple of ribbons at the OR State Fair last summer:
http://home.comcast.net/~ickesb/wsb/...--graphic.html

Did you do the BMs as well?

Yes, all the attendants were required to use the same purple satin,
(the flower girl had periwinkle) but DD encouraged them to select
their own individual design, and I created patterns, and sewed the
dresses. A few of them won prizes at the Fair, also:
Flower Girl:
http://home.comcast.net/~ickesb/wsb/...D-2390638.html
Matron of Honor:
http://home.comcast.net/~ickesb/wsb/...D-2390639.html
Maid of Honor:
http://home.comcast.net/~ickesb/wsb/...D-2390640.html

I won a Huskylock serger, and $$$ certificates at Hancock's and the
Mill End Store! ;-)

Beverly

New pattern from picture. F.James Cripwell Needlework 0 December 28th 05 02:52 PM
New Patterns, New Fabrics from Timeless Treasures, Andover, P&B at The Virginia Quilter The Virginia Quilter Marketplace 0 November 3rd 05 05:18 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
pattern construction book ? JJMolvik Yarn 2 April 2nd 04 09:11 PM
FREE download available: HAPPY NEW YEAR PATTERN in zipped PMP 4 :OD Misty Needlework 2 January 4th 04 11:19 AM