OT - Words

Old February 25th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Default OT - Words

Arnhild wrote:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Nuff said.

(I'm just glad nobody can see me when I'm reading the posts here, I'm
very close to actually ROTFLMAO, but so far it's just a lot of
guffawing. And, of course, I learned a long time ago never to drink
anything while reading, especially when reading Bruces' posts.)

Oh, that's lovely. Thank you.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old February 25th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Wondering when the children and husband will return

Quit wondering and luxuriate, woman!

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old February 26th 08, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Feb 25, 10:40 am, wrote:
, i am not
fighting with you i answer your letters,

So you say, but I know that's not true.

Elizabeth

Old February 26th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx the Minx

On Feb 25, 9:30*am, wrote:
On Feb 25, 3:03*pm, "Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)"

On Feb 25, 2:03 pm, "Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)"
Since this thread is about Words at least write the Place `s proper
name *Beth EL,,,
Also you didn`t mention that he was a Healer and a prophet and the the
pupil of Eliyahu Hanavie [ prophet] .
mirjam
In Hebrew it might come out as "Beth EL" but in English it's "Bethel"..
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

I Hope you are kidding ,, the Bible wasn`t written in English it is
BETH EL, which in fact is the House of God , like Beth Lehem , the
house of bread, it was there this way,,, centuries before it was
translated into English ....
mirjam

I didn't say the Bible was written in English. However, the first Bible
in English was translated from sources in Greek, Latin, Hebrew, Aramaic
etc several hundred years ago and the English word used then was
"Bethel", other English translations have used "Beth El", "Beth-El" or
"Beth-el".
I've no idea what word or phrase was used when the Bible was translated
into other languages and I don't know what sources were used but see
www.biblegateway.com/versions and take your pick.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Bruce ,,,,Beth Elis not a word *it is a name of *a real PLACE ,,,
like London
How would you react if i will misspell your Place name ,,
ps i have so much respect for your name`s place , that i don`t dare to
pronounce it before i will hear some English person say it aloud ,,,
And Ps why should i look at bible versions ,,, wha is wrong with
reading it in the original language ?mirjam- Hide quoted text -

Did the ancient Hebrews used the Latin alphabet when writing the
Tanach? Hyphens and all?? This whole thread is just too hilarious to
ignore....

LMAO,
Jinx
Old February 26th 08, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Arnhild wrote:
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Nuff said.

(I'm just glad nobody can see me when I'm reading the posts here, I'm
very close to actually ROTFLMAO, but so far it's just a lot of
guffawing. And, of course, I learned a long time ago never to drink
anything while reading, especially when reading Bruces' posts.)

Arnhild

p.s. No, the link is not to porn, it's a cartoon.

It is so appropiate, too.

Gillian
Old February 26th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 2/25/08 5:12 PM, in article
, "Arnhild"
wrote:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Nuff said.

(I'm just glad nobody can see me when I'm reading the posts here, I'm
very close to actually ROTFLMAO, but so far it's just a lot of
guffawing. And, of course, I learned a long time ago never to drink
anything while reading, especially when reading Bruces' posts.)

Arnhild

p.s. No, the link is not to porn, it's a cartoon.

Oh - that needed a spew warning....

Cheryl
Wondering when the children and husband will return

Well, dear, where did you send them?? I had dinner ready, but they
didn't arrive!!LOL
Old February 26th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Trish Brown" wrote .
BTW (sorry, people out the I'm only human) *I've* read 'Let Stalk
Strine' in the original, so *there*! And I'm not telling you a single
thing about Kurri Kurri or Woy Woy, between which *I* live!

Oh thank you sooo much Trish. Now instead of several things that need doing
around my house on my days off I will be seeking Google driving directions
between Kurri Kurri and Woy Woy.
Dawne, whose province includes Elbow, Eyebrow, and.....Climax

Old February 26th 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Dawne Peterson wrote:

"Trish Brown" wrote .

BTW (sorry, people out the I'm only human) *I've* read 'Let Stalk
Strine' in the original, so *there*! And I'm not telling you a single
thing about Kurri Kurri or Woy Woy, between which *I* live!

Oh thank you sooo much Trish. Now instead of several things that need doing
around my house on my days off I will be seeking Google driving directions
between Kurri Kurri and Woy Woy.
Dawne, whose province includes Elbow, Eyebrow, and.....Climax

That must be why Blue Ball is all the way over in Pennsylvania.

Elizabeth (whose favorite is Gnaw Bone, IN)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old February 26th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Feb 25, 11:12*pm, Trish Brown wrote:
wrote:
I rarely read scriptures and since there is no

Not even in your church ????

Nope. They're read to me in Church and, frankly, I often don't listen.
I'm a muso and am usually taken up with that while Mass is going on.

The reason people don't call it Beth El is probably that they simply
don't want to.

You might be correct in that idea , because if you will read it like
the Correct name BET EL , you will have to admit that your belief grew
out of the Jewish belief..

No it didn't. Jesus happened to be a Jew and had a Jewish upbringing,
that's all. Why should it follow that Christianity is somehow a
bowdlerised version of Judaism? That's not logical. Didn't Jesus come to
*teach* the Jews of newer forms? The Jews chose not to follow him and
that's cool by me. Why should they if they didn't want to?

You can blame all those dratted apostles for taking Christianity to the
rest of the world: it's their fault they felt it appropriate to
translate the scriptures, not mine.

Any way i looked at google most Jewish organizations write *it
properly Beth-El as 2 separate words ,, Most Christian organizations ,
spell it in one word , but i saw some ministries and missions who also
write it in2 words ,,,,,,
mirjam

Why does it matter? Why are you banging on and on about it? Who cares? I
care approximately as much as you care about the correct name for
'Scottish skirts'. It won't kill me if you continue to use the misnomer
and it won't kill you if I don't bother to learn the myriad names of
your Israeli towns. Why are we arguing? Who cares?

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Trish
It is you who keeps accusing , spreading hateful words, i am just
stating the pure historical facts , We happened to be the people of
the book and it is a natural part of our langugaue and heritage, and
it speaks about events that happened here and around here. And nobody
accuses you of anything , why jump on the apostles or aon anybody
else ,, all i said was that the Name of a place was written in 2
seprate words , i also checked for your benefit and my understanding,
and saw and wrote here !!! that it seems that Jewish organizations
write it in it`s Hebrew way in 2 words , while most but not all
Christian organizations write that name place in as if it is one
word.... and you answer in a stream of hatred, all your prejudices
come out . There is nothing wrong with saying the Historical fact that
Christianity Developed from Judaism You yourself Agre that Jesus was a
Jew, so why is it ok for YOU to say it and Not Ok for Me to say
it ,,,, Christianity was `so to say ` Sown` when the Greeks took
Israel , the friction between Judaism and helenism is the first layer
of the future Christaininty ,, later it took in some neo Helenism as
well as some paganism ,,,,
If stating historical facts makes you uneasy it is your problem ..
have a nice time ,,,,
mirjam
Old February 26th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Feb 25, 10:40 am, wrote:
your letters, some of which are unkind ....

And at least when I'm unkind, it is usually in the service of being
clever or funny, while you are simply unkind and rarely clever or
funny.

New words lewmew Needlework 12 January 4th 08 07:56 PM
OT....New Words Mary in Washington Quilting 4 August 19th 05 03:04 PM
OT fun with words Bonnie Patterson Quilting 0 July 8th 05 05:14 PM
OT - words of the day ~Candace~ Beads 24 October 29th 04 05:38 AM
Words of Praise Rhea Needlework 4 March 28th 04 03:42 AM