It's been so long I doubt anyone will remember me...but here goes...

Old October 23rd 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Susan Carey[_2_]

Default It's been so long I doubt anyone will remember me...but here goes...

A distinguished young woman on a flight from Switzerland turned to the
priest beside her, 'Father, may I ask a favor?'

'Of course. What may I do for you?'

A distinguished young woman on a flight from Switzerland turned to the
priest beside her, 'Father, may I ask a favor?'

'Of course. What may I do for you?'

I got tied up with family matters and being on the road with being a
traveling nurse and just gave up on being a knitting fool. I think I
am ready to join in again, though it may be a temporary thing. I read
some of the time and try to maintain some of my sanity with knitting,
but I miss you guys too much and that is why I am writing tonight.

Beginning in February or so, I started to lose track of you guys. I
was living part of the time in Largo. It was awful. I am sorry if I
offend anyone living and loving that part of Florida, but it was not
for me. I suppose it has its good points, but they did not beckon to
me. I never even saw the gulf when down there. I went to work and
slept and that was it. I watched a bit of TV and knit a little bit.
No entertainment whatsoever.

In April I had an opportunity to return to Gainesville and work
locally. It was what I wanted and needed. That is home and though I
remained on the night shift I was still back in my own bed when I did
sleep. DD's BF had moved into my house when his job fell through so I
had a companion of sorts and a dog, too. Long story, but not a bad
one. Now I was working 3 twelve hour night shifts at Shands at AGH
(Alachua General Hospital) about five miles from home, still as a
traveler. From day one, they talked about me hiring on as a
permanenet employee, and that is what has happened.

In June a number of things happened. DD graduated with her AS from
her school of acting only to return home and to college locally. And
DS and DIL moved to Virginia with a lot of help from all of us. We
love it up there, but not quite enough to pull up stakes and move in
with them.

At this point DD and her BF have broken up but remain good friends. I
am trying to get back on track living here and seeing what can be
salvaged to make home comfy.

I hope health issues are not too bad as we all age and find that to
be something we take with us. Prayers are sent for those in need or
for those who accept that.

I am blessed to have such talented children and grand children as most
of us are. This fall my daughter chose to take classes which challenge
her in college and has chosen to take a different path from acting and
will approach speech pathology and linguistics as a profession in the
future. My grandchildren, carrying on the performance traits of aunts
and uncles have decided on dance as as major for their fields of
endevors. We were pleased to hear that not one but both granddaughter
and grandson have been selected to perform in the local performance of
the Nutcracker Suite in December in Springfield, IL. I am making a
trip
to see them in this performance, as proud as one grand parent can
possibly be. Sorry to brag so much getting back into the fold, but I
just had to tell you all my news.

Higs,
Susan

Old October 23rd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Of course I remember you, Susan. Glad to hear all your news.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.