OT - Just sharing... or venting

Old October 21st 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OT - Just sharing... or venting

So, most of you know that Matthew and myself have been having a loooong run
of not so nice luck over the last few years... it seems that everything went
downhill after my Mom passed away 5 1/2 years ago (Matthew and I were just
talking about that yesterday). Well yesterday morning I was sitting here at
the computer, looking out the window at what a nice afternoon it turned out
to be and thinking that I was sick and tired of things not being so
wonderful for us. I thought that along with us both (yes, me too even
though my doctor has told me I shouldn't because of my health, but we do
what we need to do) trying to find some kind of work, that maybe if I try to
be even more positive and upbeat than I already am (most people who know me
in person think I am one of the most positive and upbeat people they know,
in spite of all the crap we've been through)... that good and positive
energy can't help but be drawn to us... right? Sounds good anyway! ;o)

So... later in the day I was in need of the small hand-held mirror to try to
see something that was in a "blind spot" that I just couldn't see without
it, and when I looked in the drawer, it wasn't there. Matthew had taken it
to another room, so he brought it to me. I used it to see what I needed to
see, then put it on the counter while I was doing something else, instead of
putting it directly into the drawer where it belonged... and as I turned
away I heard this loud noise. I looked back to see that the mirror (it's
one of those two mirror things that close) was no longer on the counter, but
had fallen onto the floor. I picked it up and slowly opened it, just as
Matthew came around the corner to find out what the sound was (he thought I
had hurt myself).... sure enough, one of the two mirrors inside was
shattered. *sigh* Seven more years of bad luck!!!

Matthew said "Oh great, just what we need, MORE bad luck!" I told him not
to worry about it, because HE hadn't broken it, I had... and he said "Yeah,
but I live here too. So whatever affects you, affects me too!" ;o)

I had $2.00 in my pocket (we have a little more put away to last for the
rest of the month), so I went to the corner store where I bought a lottery
ticket. Then I told the girl I bought it from that I had broken a mirror
and was out to prove that superstition wrong. LOL She had a good laugh and
wished me luck with proving it wrong, but told me if I did win big not to go
around breaking all the mirrors. hehehe Didn't win anything at all on
that ticket, but I came to the decision that *I* hadn't broken the mirror
anyway. It was out of my hands when it fell off the counter, and it wasn't
like it was on the floor and I stepped on it... so I actually had no direct
contact with the mirror when it broke, so if there *is* anything to the
"seven years back luck" superstition... it shouldn't count this time. Hey,
that's my theory on it anyway. If however, there is anything to the
superstition... I have a thought on that too... since we've been having so
much bad luck over the last few years, perhaps the breaking of the mirror
will BREAK that run of bad luck. Afterall, it's time for a change, it's
time to break that run of bad luck! ;o)

So back to my original thoughts of yesterday morning... keeping even *more*
positive and upbeat than I already am, in the hopes of drawing good and
positive energy from the universe. One way or the other, things have to
change... and soon!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 21st 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
So, most of you know that Matthew and myself have been having a loooong
run of not so nice luck over the last few years... it seems that
everything went downhill after my Mom passed away 5 1/2 years ago (Matthew
and I were just talking about that yesterday). Well yesterday morning I
was sitting here at the computer, looking out the window at what a nice
afternoon it turned out to be

ROTFL Okay... I need a cup of tea! Yesterday MORNING I was looking out
the window at what a nice AFTERNOON it turned out to be?!?!?!? LOL
Obviously it actually took place in the early afternoon, not in the
morning... otherwise I'm psychic and should be able to pick out winning
lottery numbers to get us out of the run of bad luck.

BLONDE MOMENT at its best! Ah well.... I gave myself a giggle today!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 22nd 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

[...]

Well, if you should suddenly find out you're psychic and can pick lottery
numbers for yourself, please feel free to share the experience with me in
Massachusetts!

Hope better days are coming--and SOON!!
--
Carey in MA

Old October 22nd 07, 07:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Not Likely spun a FINE 'yarn':

ROTFL Okay... I need a cup of tea! Yesterday MORNING I was looking out
the
window at what a nice AFTERNOON it turned out to be?!?!?!? LOL
Obviously it
actually took place in the early afternoon, not in the morning...
otherwise
I'm psychic and should be able to pick out winning lottery numbers to get
us
out of the run of bad luck.

BLONDE MOMENT at its best! Ah well.... I gave myself a giggle today!

*hugs*
Gemini

Rotflmao, Gem... and I think that laugh you gave yourself HAS to be the
beginning of changes for the better for you and Matthew!
Hugs,
Noreen

Thank you Noreen! I actually *feel* more relaxed today than I have in a
while... even though nothing has changed.... yet!

I told Matthew my theory, and that I refuse to give in to the superstition
because I did NOT have any physical contact with that mirror at the time it
broke, or even at the time it fell to the floor to break... so therefore *no
one* gets seven years bad luck out of this one. He grinned and shook his
head... then agreed. ;o)

*hugs*
Gem

Old October 22nd 07, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Carey N." wrote in message

Well, if you should suddenly find out you're psychic and can pick lottery
numbers for yourself, please feel free to share the experience with me in
Massachusetts!

Hope better days are coming--and SOON!!
--
Carey in MA

Thank you, Carey! From your lips to God's ears! )

If I do suddenly find that I am psychic and can pick lottery numbers (or
anything else), I'll be very rich... and very famous too. ;o)

*hugs*
Gem

Venting Cheryl Isaak Needlework 9 October 27th 06 09:09 PM
OT-venting Cindy Schmidt Quilting 19 January 11th 05 01:29 AM
Very OT....just venting [email protected] Yarn 10 May 23rd 04 04:54 AM