OT - Where you moving to?

Old August 31st 06, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tina

Default OT - Where you moving to?

To answer elspeth's question posted on the "Hug Quilt" thread....

We are moving to Katy, TX (about 25 miles from where we currently live,
near downtown Houston).

We officially move in NINE days!

And I am so excited and so stressed at the same time, I'm about ready
to explode!

But it will all be worth it when the move is over. I will actually
have a sewing room (which will double as a guest room when my mom comes
out to stay). Our family of five will be going from a house with one
bathroom - to a house with FOUR bathrooms! And for the first time in
my life, I will actually have a kitchen where people can sit in the
kitchen and visit while I cook and there will be enough room and
counter space for the whole family to work on Christmas cookies at the
same time! And a pantry! OMG, I will actually have a walk-in pantry!

Ok, can you tell I'm a little bit enthusiastic? Now, if we can just
get through this move so I can unpack my 17 tubs of quilting/sewing
supplies and get back to work~! Right? LOL

Hugs,
Tina

Old August 31st 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Wow. That is wonderful. We are so happy for you. Don't expect to control
finding everything right away, just wallow in the joy of it all. The
'stuff' will appear eventually. Mostly. Congratulations, Polly

ups.com...

Old August 31st 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Tina:
Good luck with the move. I'm eager to
hear how you set up the sewing room so
it doubles as a guest room. I hope you
will still be able to attend the IQF!
PAT

Tina wrote: (trimmed!)

We are moving to Katy, TX (about 25 miles from where we currently live,
near downtown Houston).

But it will all be worth it when the move is over. I will actually
have a sewing room (which will double as a guest room when my mom comes
out to stay). ...cut...

Old August 31st 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

Tina,

That sounds so exciting - it's so great that you'll have a sewing room and a
kitchen that fits your needs. I find when we have people over, that's always
where they congregate!

I do have to laugh at your comment about the bathrooms! Growing up, we had a
family of six (four females) and one bathroom. We were quite organized in
the morning in order to get all of us in and out and still get to school on
time! And we didn't think a thing of it. I remember when my sister was
remodeling her house and added a third bathroom because her daughter and son
were having to share one! Mom gently reminded her that we did quite well
with just one when we were all at home. That didn't stop DS from going ahead
with her remodeling, though! I think it was easier than trying to "train"
her kids to get more organized.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

ups.com...

Old August 31st 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Sounds really great, Tina.
All the very best with the move and the settling in.
..
In message . com, Tina
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 31st 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

It all sounds wonderful Tina. Good luck.

As a veteran of 26 house moves my advice - let it all roll
by and just don't stress . . . . . . . . . no matter what
happens.

Had to laugh about the bathrooms though. Like another here,
I also grew up in a house with only one bathroom for the
entire family, and we all survived. And having all those
bathrooms might be nice, but cleaning them . . . . ?

Cheryl & the Cats
_ o _ o 0 0
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
~ ~ U
Enness Boofhead Donut
Starting to wake from hibernation!
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

ups.com...
:

Old August 31st 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Tina-

I'm sooooo happy for you! WOW! *FOUR* bathrooms*??? WOW! And a
walk-in pantry??? WOW!

Please do *not* forget to get your new address in the directory that is
currently in progress!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 31st 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

As long as the kids get trained to clean bathrooms, more is better!
Roberta in D

"Louise" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

ups.com...

Old August 31st 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

How wonderful Tina. Woohoo for 4 bathrooms and a sewing room too!
Hope the move goes smoothly.
Hugs, TAria

Old August 31st 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article . com,
"Tina" wrote:

[...]

Oh, Tina, this sounds wonderful for you all! Best of luck with the move
-- it's always a stressful time -- and with the new home.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education