Sunday Morning

Old August 27th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Sunday Morning

Good morning all.....

It's already almost 9:00 a.m. and nobody else has started the Sunday thread
(smile). I usually sleep in on Sunday but my granddaughter is visiting, so
here I am - no sleeping in! Still in my nightgown, no coffee yet, bleary
eyes.

It's a beautiful sunny day, and once DH surfaces, there's lots of yard work
to be done. Must cut the grass, although it's growing very slowly due to
the drought conditions here. I have to run around with watering cans for
the potted flowers and baskets, otherwise they'll get very crispy. Time to
water some of the smaller trees too.

The only knitting being done while GD is here are little things for her.
I've made 3 beanie hats and they're all cute, finished a scarf for her to
give her 3 y/o cousin for Christmas, and have almost finished a scarf for
her.

I hope you all have a great day, and for Mirjam, one filled with peace and
quiet!

Shelagh

Old August 27th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

Hi all ,
I am just getting coffee into this old body and waking up.
I have a couple weeks off in-between quarters at college and I hope to
finish up my Einstein coat and my Pi shawl with sleeves. I have rented
a few movies and want to snuggle up today on the couch and do nothing
but knit.
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.
Coggie

Old August 27th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

I just brought in a jar of sun tea. I set it out at noon using "cold"
tapwater that was in fact nearly 80f at the faucet. The temp in the
1-gallon glass jar is 137f after two hours in the midday Texas sun
and the tea looks quite satisfyingly strong. I'll add half a cup of
sugar and put it in the fridge, and we'll have tea with dinner.

My A$ aran proceeds apace: I finished the back yesterday and returned
to the front, after working the body in the round to the underarms.
The pattern is designed with saddles on which the sleeve fancywork
cables are centered so my plan to lengthen the back and add saddles is
sort-of out the window. I'll do some front neck shaping to prevent
the "OMG CHOKE CHOKE" problem, it'll be a hassle but I'd rather hassle
with it now than have a beautiful but unwearable sweater later.

Kathmandu is still on hold, but not in a bad way. I have the yarn, I
will finish it once I've got the A$ finished, then on to other things
TBD.

Time for my second latte, then I have to clean the espresso machine.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old August 27th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

I just finished putting together a big pan of "Russian Potatoes" -
don't know what is Russian about the dish but it is a good boy filler
to go along with the salmon we will put on the barbeque later this
afternoon. I have the blackberries picked for cobbler and will make a
big salad. My boys are coming over along with a couple of their
friends and they will move furniture for us to open up some space for
the wedding next week - I find that offering to feed them is an
effective way to get those guys down here to help. We will also do a
dry run inside and one outside to figure out what there is left to do
to get ready for the big day. The weather forecast is not definate
enough for us to be sure that we can be outside.

It was fun to meet with Jan and JJ yesterday - we chatted. Jan had an
interesting knitting project that she was working on and a beautiful
blue cardigan that she had made to show us. They looked at my unending
yellow sweater and we talked about my dilemma. The upshot of that is
that I finished putting in the sleeves to see how it fits when both
sleeves are there. Now I need to decide whether it is close enough.

I am making two quick and easy little sweaters for the folks at the
office who have just had babies - I have a few more months before the
boss has her twins. I may make something a bit more involved for them.

Shortly after I recover from the wedding weekend I will head off for
New Jersey to help with my grandkids while my DD goes to a professional
meeting - then off to Iowa for a class reunion and a short visit with
my sister. This fall will be busy.

Judy

Sunday morning coffee JCT Yarn 12 May 3rd 05 12:58 AM
Good morning on this sunny Sunday Els van Dam Yarn 2 December 13th 04 12:52 PM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
Good Sunday morning! Katherine Yarn 8 May 24th 04 12:17 AM
Sunday morning Maggs K Yarn 3 April 19th 04 04:10 AM