Sock Wars

Old August 22nd 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

Default Sock Wars

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:00:38 +0100, "Sarah Carter"
wrote:

Mystified One wrote in message
I was thinking a giant sock would be a way for me to start, and then once

I had
a general understanding, I could try something smaller.

I was thinking about making a huge sock to go over my plaster cast but I
didn't get round to it. I've got to go back to the hospital on the 31st so
hopefully the cast will be gone soon.

Sarah

When I had foot surgery I had a beige knit socklike thing to wear with
the special foot sandal. I embroidered all around the top edge of the
sock (just a twining vine) to cheer it up!

Alison
Old August 23rd 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

Default Socks

Bank sock, 2 cents worth!!!!! Oh, I had to point it out!!!!!!

ducking & running to avoid being hit by the sock!!!!

JJMolvik

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:28:39 GMT, Mirjam Bruck-Cohen spun a fine yarn

The Funniest sock i ever knitted was for my stepfather , i knitted him
a Bank Sock , for all the coins he always had in his pockets. You
know how folkstories say that people colect money in socks ,,, thus i
knitted the sock with a rather wide base and high Leg, and knitted
some words into this as well ,, He used it till the end of his life .

Years ago i taught knitting to a woman who had only one leg, she
insisted on knitting always 2 socks , and never explained it why .
mirjam

---

Y'know, a 'bank-sock' is actually a very good idea, AND can be used as
both a weapon, if necessary, AND to smash out a window of a car if one
finds oneself in deep water.....
Just My 2 Cents
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0634-0, 08/21/2006
Tested: 8/22/2006 10:01:44 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 23rd 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
The Funniest sock i ever knitted was for my stepfather , i knitted him
a Bank Sock , for all the coins he always had in his pockets. You
know how folkstories say that people colect money in socks ,,, thus i
knitted the sock with a rather wide base and high Leg, and knitted
some words into this as well ,, He used it till the end of his life .

LOL How funny, Mirjam.

Years ago i taught knitting to a woman who had only one leg, she
insisted on knitting always 2 socks , and never explained it why .

Well, then she would have a spare if one got a hole???

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 27th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jessie

That just EVIL!
http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006...wars-2006.html

Sock Yarn Question hesira Yarn 10 June 28th 06 03:16 PM
Question for the knitters of sock inside sock Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 13 March 5th 06 05:07 AM
Sock yarns: Fiber advice? Randall Nortman Yarn 9 February 17th 05 06:40 AM
Pattern for mini sock monkey? Paula Salvadore Sewing 3 April 20th 04 02:01 PM