Interview with Ricky Tims

Old December 11th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kelly Smith

Default Interview with Ricky Tims

Hi all,

This morning I posted part one of my recent interview with Ricky Tims
to my column: www.examiner.com/x-858-Quilting-Examiner

I'll be posting the rest of the interview over the course of this
week.

And I just got an e-mail announcing Ricky's Ho Ho Holiday sale. Check
out my column for details!

Earlier this week I posted an interview with "Genome quilter" Beverly
St. Clair. Her quilts are beautiful! Check them out!

If you have any suggestions for quilters you'd like to see me
interview, just drop me a note!

Take care,

--
Kelly Smith
Author of: Open Your Heart with Quilting

Website: www.redheadedquilter.com
Column: www.examiner.com/x-858-Quilting-Examiner
Old December 11th 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie[_2_]

On 11 Dec, 10:55, Kelly Smith wrote:
Hi all,

This morning I posted part one of my recent interview with Ricky Tims
to my column: *www.examiner.com/x-858-Quilting-Examiner

I'll be posting the rest of the interview over the course of this
week.

And I just got an e-mail announcing Ricky's Ho Ho Holiday sale. Check
out my column for details!

Earlier this week I posted an interview with "Genome quilter" Beverly
St. Clair. Her quilts are beautiful! Check them out!

If you have any suggestions for quilters you'd like to see me
interview, just drop me a note!

Take care,

--
Kelly Smith
Author of: Open Your Heart with Quilting

Website:www.redheadedquilter.com
Column:www.examiner.com/x-858-Quilting-Examiner

All rctq folk:
Do we ask our posters not to advertise on this site? Just
wondering.......
Cheers
Bronnie
Old December 11th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Yes, Bronnie, we do.
I wonder if she thinks it's okay. Well, it's not !

There, she heard it from two of us......

Ginger in CA

On Dec 10, 5:13*pm, Bronnie wrote:
[...]

Bronnie- Hide quoted text -

Old December 11th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

I just ignore advertising posts.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old December 11th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Those of us who are members at The Quilt Show all got the email about the Ho
Ho Sale.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old December 11th 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

The first time I saw these posts, it seemed like a legitimate quilter
posting. A quick glance at the website tells me that IT is also just
advertising. I'm not seeing anything else but ads. So I hope she stops.

Old December 11th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

I always appreciate someone sharing a sale - but Kelly's posts are
self-serving and I certainly do object. Polly

Kay Ahr" wrote Those of us who are members at The Quilt Show all got the
email about the Ho
Ho Sale.

"Kelly Smith" Advertised, in part And I just got an e-mail announcing

Old December 11th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lee[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:17:59 -0500, maryd wrote
(in article ):

I just ignore advertising posts.

I add them to my list of sites I never want to visit.

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet

Park Ridge, NJ

Old December 11th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kelly Smith

Hi all,

I was not aware that there was any rule against posting news that is
of interest to quilters. After all, this is a quilting newsgroup, and
to me it seems like the ideal place to talk about interviews with
quilters and other topics of general quilting interest.

Kay Ahr e-mailed me privately to say that I was going against "list
protocol", but so far she has not answered my question about whether
or not there is an FAQ for the group. If there is, of course I would
respect it, but I didn't see one when I joined the group and could not
find one today when I went searching for it.

I'm sorry that there are so many hostile people on this group.
(Calling another human being an "IT" is just hateful.) I am dismayed
that quilters would react this way. I won't bother to post again, but
anyone who would like to keep up on quilting news is more than welcome
to visit my column. I promise not to badmouth you without knowing you
and to make anyone who behaves in a polite and civilized manner feel
welcome.

Sincerely,

Kelly Smith

Old December 11th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kelly:
While I never replied to you, nor did I visit your site, I want to say that
I hate to see someone leave without giving more of a chance to 'meet' the
posters, so please reconsider. I would like to point out that we are in so
many different time zones that a reply often takes awhile, since the other
folks may be sleeping or working when you post your note. I'd also like to
point out that it seems to me that Kay was calling the WEBSITE an IT ....
that's just how I read it. I think there is a FAQ somewhere but darned if I
can remember where to find it! By the way, I am not making excuses for
anyone ... I just want you to reconsider your departure. We do have fun
here, but like any group on line, not being able to see the facial
expression or to hear the tone sometimes makes for hurt feelings.
As Forrest Gump would say: "That's all I have to say about THAT!"
Pat in Virginia,
Official Chocolate Taster of RCTQ!