Cynthia England Plus Hanne's Quilt

Old November 12th 03, 01:53 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default Cynthia England Plus Hanne's Quilt

Last night Cynthia England presented a lecture to my guild at the
night chapter meeting. She is soooo fun! Clever, personable,
talented, down to earth. And FUNNY! She showed us how she develop
some of here famous pictorial designs and that was quite
instructive. Cynthia will teach a few classes here and present a
different lecture Friday morning, at the day chapter meeting. I
am enrolled in the design workshop Friday afternoon. I can't
wait!

At the end of the meeting we had Show and Tell. Hanne ... our
RCTQ buddy ... displayed a little Americana WH AND the Wilderness
quilt she made her friend. It is absolutely fantastic. Hanne is
so very talented with color and design ... I think she should
sell that design to a magazine. It is a delightful quilt.

PAT in VA/USA

Old November 12th 03, 06:11 PM
Hanne Gottliebsen

"The Brown Family" wrote in message le.rogers.com...
Does she have pics for us to see!!!!!

Gees, no, I'm not even done with the binding! Maybe one more hour of
handstiching to do on that baby. Then I have to take the photos and
get them developed too.

At the end of the meeting we had Show and Tell. Hanne ... our
RCTQ buddy ... displayed a little Americana WH AND the Wilderness
quilt she made her friend. It is absolutely fantastic. Hanne is
so very talented with color and design ... I think she should
sell that design to a magazine. It is a delightful quilt.

Really, Pat? Seriously? Actually, several of the "blocks" in it are
from books, so that probably would never work, but I am very flattered
that you said this. I positively love the quilt, and I'm learning not
to get separation anxiety when a quilt is nearing completion. I just
want to get it to the recipient ASAP. The WH I've had for 4 weeks now,
since the husband of the couple is TDY. He's due back anytime now, so
soon I can get to give that to them.

Funnily, Pat said last night, that she had not imagined the Wilderness
Quilt being so bright - for me it is pretty subdued :-)

I also enjoyed Cynthis England's talk. She is a very bouncy person.
I'm taking her landscape class tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll bring the
camera and take pics along the way. I'm actually taking two days of
leave from work to go to quilting classes!

Hanne