What, me work? *gasp*

Old December 4th 03, 10:33 PM
spampot

Not in the U.S., they're not!! I'd report 'em to the nearest EEOC office.

Janise Ross wrote:
Are they even allowed to ask that sort of question anymore?

Janise

"Michele" wrote in message

I wish you luck, but this attitude really makes me see red. This is
discrimination. Do they ask MEN if they have daycare? Do they ask MEN if
they are planning on having children? Grrrr. During one interview, to get
the person back on a professional level, when asked if I had children, I
leaned forward and asked "Is that a prerequisite for the job?". (sorry for
the run-on sentence Katherine)

Peace,
Michele in Ky (who gets irate with all kinds of discrimination)

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
. ..

So this morning I go in for a chat with the owners. My friend reports
later that they like me and assume I must have children given my age
*cough* and do I mind telling her what my daycare/school situation is,
as the owners want to know if I'll be "reliable".

.

Old December 4th 03, 11:20 PM
Karen MN

About fifteen years or so ago, I was interviewing for a job, and the
interviewer asked me whether I had kids or planned on having them. I wasn't
sure how to answer that and I just stared for a minute, and he said "yes, I
know I'm not supposed to ask that, but it's important to us, and it would be
my word against yours anyway."

I said "Thanks for your time" and I got up and left. End of interview. Bad
enough that he asked the question KNOWING he wasn't supposed to, but it was
the last line that made sure I didn't want to work for him.

"Michele" wrote in message

I wish you luck, but this attitude really makes me see red. This is
discrimination. Do they ask MEN if they have daycare? Do they ask MEN if
they are planning on having children? Grrrr. During one interview, to

get
the person back on a professional level, when asked if I had children, I
leaned forward and asked "Is that a prerequisite for the job?". (sorry

for
the run-on sentence Katherine)

Peace,
Michele in Ky (who gets irate with all kinds of discrimination)

. ..