I got my present!!! :o)

Old October 19th 05, 06:22 PM
MRH

Default I got my present!!! :o)

Cher, the parcel arrived today... Matthew just brought it to me a couple of
minutes ago. Thank you so very much for the lovely present for being the
winner of the 2nd anniversary 6x6 contest!

For those who don't know what was in the prize parcel......

A hardcover book "The New Knitting Stitch Library."
A circular knitting needle set.
A pair of embroidery scissors.
A spool of purple embroidery thread.
A retractable tape measure. (I have been searching for my tape measure for
months)
A gorgeous handmade grey bookmark made from Alpaca (spun by Cher) and
sequins and beads.
A lovely handmade beaded keyring.
A note for me describing the contents of my parcel, on the back of a
postcard of "undyed horsehair being hackled".
And... two sets of buttons (likely because Cher knew that I had lost mine
years ago. LOL).... one set is brass and the other set is white with little
ladybugs on them. )

Thank you so much... it is all very lovely and the proper things will go
into my sewing / knitting box, the book of course will go with my crafting
books (I've already been looking through it at all the stitch patterns), and
the bookmark & the keyring will both be put to good use.

I have to tell you...... Casper (the big white baby) is so nosey he just had
to have a look at what "Mama" had. After checking out what I was holding,
and while my back was turned looking through the book at the stitch
patterns, I heard a scuffling sound and turned around to find his head
buried deep inside the large envelope. So deep in fact that it covered his
entire head and he couldn't get out of it... he was shaking his head back
and forth (wagging his tail all the time, so he was enjoying his new game).
I was laughing so hard I was near tears! ROTFL Silly pooch... he does
entertain me... and himself too! ;o)

Gem

Old October 19th 05, 06:30 PM

Hi Gem,

No one knew what was in your envelope, not even me so I'm happy that
you described everything and you deserved it all for coming the closest
in the contest.

Hugs,

Nora

Old October 19th 05, 08:20 PM
Rusty

Gemini, it sounds like you got some wonderful gifts for being our
prize winner.

Congratulations again,

Rusty

Old October 19th 05, 08:46 PM
MRH

"Rusty" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gemini, it sounds like you got some wonderful gifts for being our
prize winner.

Congratulations again,

Rusty

Thank you! )

Gemini

Old October 20th 05, 02:30 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Gemini I am thrilled that you got the present and that it was so wonderful -
a lot of thought went into choosing those things, that'a for sure, and I
thank those responsible !! God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

oups.com...

Old October 20th 05, 03:35 AM
Katherine

Excellent, Gem! Cher did a great job, didn't she?
Congratulations!

Katherine

Old October 20th 05, 07:47 AM
spinninglilac

Oh I'm glad it arrived safely Gem, I did sign the card from us rather than
me, even though no one else knew quite what was in it. I kept changing my
mind lol . Anyway glad you got it ok and that your furry friend had his fun
with the puffy bag too.

Cheers....cher x

Old October 20th 05, 05:00 PM
MRH

Yes, it got here safe and sound. Matthew rode his bicycle uptown to check
the mail. When he got back he plopped it on the desk in front of me saying
"Sure enjoyed riding with one hand today!" --- that was sarcasm as it was
VERY cold yesterday, and he didn't have any gloves on. hehehe

And agreeing with Katherine's post.... yes, you did do a great job of
getting a prize together. I love everything in the parcel very much.... and
as you said, my furry baby had a fun game with his head buried deep inside
the envelope. )

Thank you so very much, once again!
Gem
- just on for a few minutes today.

k...

Old October 21st 05, 12:50 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Excellent, Gem! Cher did a great job, didn't she?
Congratulations!

Katherine

Hugs for Gemini and Cher.....Hiep hiep hoera......all in Dutch...LOL

Els

Dad's b-day present Dopeytaz4 Quilting 3 August 5th 05 05:22 PM
The Most Significant Present René Quilting 3 December 30th 04 01:52 PM
OT - ideas for DD's 6th birthday present Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 August 6th 04 12:45 PM
present Lisa Ellis Quilting 0 October 9th 03 06:56 PM