HUG BLOCKS if you are interested....

Old August 4th 13, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI[_3_]

Default HUG BLOCKS if you are interested....

Well -- kind of a HUG.

Jo in Scotland often posts pictures of little Tristan (who is growing
rapidly!) on Facebook. We are having great fun watching him grow. He so
loves his purples and his Mama's quilts and fabric... we're doing a little
HUG block shower just for Tristan.

So if you'd like to participate... let me know and I'll get you the
details.

When Tristan was born, some of you will remember the snafu with the blocks
we sent that were mislaid. (My fault and I still feel terrible.) We did
send a few replacement blocks which Jo has safely tucked away.

So here is our plan. We're making 6 1/2 unfinished blocks in purples with
white as the background. You can do a traditional block or wherever your
creativity takes you. We are also "organizing" the opportunity to choose a
number or letter to focus your block so that me might have enough to play
with as he learns his ABC's and 123's.

We want to be careful not to replicate our numbers and letters -- so if you
would like to do one of those blocks, please email me before you start and
I'll scratch your letter off the list -- or let you know if it has already
been claimed.

As always -- participation is totally optional. If you wish to make a block
or blocks -- you can send them to me in Michigan or directly to Jo in
Scotland. Email me for the address.

Thanks

Kate in MI

g r o v e s f a m @at@ c o m c a s t DOT net.

PS -- I do understand that some of you prefer NOT to do FaceBook. But you
might want to at least check it out. If all you do is sign up (using NOT
your regular email -- create a GMAIL or Yahoo mail account just for this)
and only join the RCTQ group - you would have NO personal information out
there at all. And your posts would ONLY be visible to the other members of
the RCTQ group -- where here they are visible to the world. So depending on
how you use it -- FB can be more private than here. And the ability to see
the pictures is quite nice. Again -- for those who choose not to, I fully
understand.

Old August 4th 13, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Just a little added note that those who sent applique blocks to me -
those were the none-US ones of you - Jo did receive these and has them
safe and is going to add them to the pile

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside