Meet Up!!!

Old August 4th 13, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Meet Up!!!

After oh! so many years here, Taria and I met up today, at the Long Beach [CA] Quilt show. O, what a good time we had! Lots of oohing and aahing at the quilts, drooling over color choices and patterns, applauding the level of imagination and creativity. We decided there is not much new on the market that appeals to us.

We also decided this group has certainly gone through changes, with so few posts. I applaud Pat's group challenge she will be announcing. Is anyone interested in a "whatchagot box" round?

The meet up today reminded me why quilters in general are great people. And how we need to support each other.

Ginger in CA
tired, happy to be home, inspired to sew!
Old August 4th 13, 06:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
D&D

Lovely to hear Ginger, and what better place than at a Quilt Show.
I haven't heard of a meet up for some time.

Dee in Oz

Old August 4th 13, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

That is so great you all got to meet up! How fun :-)

Glad you had such a good time.

I still get to see a couple of people from this group from time to time
and it is always a treat. Nice when real life intersects the virtual one.

marcella

Old August 4th 13, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

What a wonderful day we had! How fun to actually meet someone you have
known online for so long. My goodness that should happen more often.
Ginger is every bit as sweet and terrific in person as she is here online.
Truly a gift to be able to meet her. I hope we can keep this group alive
and keep sharing as we have done for so long. Thanks to Ginger for a great
meet up!
Taria

Old August 7th 13, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Geez! I wish I had read this post last week! I went to the LBQS on Saturday! It would have been fun to meet both of you!
The show was great. My daughter and her hubby went with me, he is very artistic and loved the art quilts. Got to buy some well deserved new batiks and test drive a couple machines.
Glad you had as good a day as I did!

Old August 9th 13, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Definitely! Let me know!

Meet Up AuntK Quilting 0 March 10th 11 01:49 PM
Meet Up maryd[_3_] Quilting 3 June 15th 08 05:02 PM
Meet up! :D Sandy Quilting 2 October 28th 07 08:11 PM
Another meet-up Gen Quilting 2 June 10th 07 06:38 PM
IL IN meet up Musicmaker Quilting 23 October 13th 03 04:09 AM