OT - It was a long drive and other such stuff

Old January 26th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - It was a long drive and other such stuff

but worth it to see DD1 mix it up with the "big boys"! Yuppers her first
go-kart race of the year is tomorrow night. Tonight she had practice and
was actually doing a good job of holding her own against a lot of kids
who've been racing for 2/3 years. Even the national champion was out there
and his dad complimented Mads on how much she'd improved since he last saw
her. And she has - we checked back on some of her past laps at that track
and since late November she's dropped 13 seconds a lap! Pretty good for an
8 year old who's only been driving less 'n six months!

And the even better news......she's achieved the time goal we set her so
we'll be getting one or two new QIs! Feline variety. We checked out the
shelter today but nobody "grabbed" us and there weren't any in the big kitty
pen, so we'll wait and keep checking.

quicker)

Old January 26th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Woooo Hooooo! well done DD especially since the champions dad noticed ;-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old January 26th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Fantastic Sharon.
Well done, Maddy.
..
In message , Sharon
Harper writes
but worth it to see DD1 mix it up with the "big boys"! Yuppers her first
go-kart race of the year is tomorrow night. Tonight she had practice and
was actually doing a good job of holding her own against a lot of kids
who've been racing for 2/3 years. Even the national champion was out there
and his dad complimented Mads on how much she'd improved since he last saw
her. And she has - we checked back on some of her past laps at that track
and since late November she's dropped 13 seconds a lap! Pretty good for an
8 year old who's only been driving less 'n six months!

And the even better news......she's achieved the time goal we set her so
we'll be getting one or two new QIs! Feline variety. We checked out the
shelter today but nobody "grabbed" us and there weren't any in the big kitty
pen, so we'll wait and keep checking.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 26th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

This kid is amazing - 9 years old (and way more petite than Mads who is 8
and quite tall) and has been driving and durn well for 2 years. They don't
have the flashiest karts or the most money or expensive things, it is his
exceptional skill that makes him stand out. That and (to me) the fact that
he is such a nice, gorgeous, polite kid. Even being champ and so good for
so long has not given him an ego yet we spoke to another kid and asked him
if he'd mind helping maddy by chasing her down and seeing how many laps it
took to catch her, he came back with "I won't need to catch her 'cause I'll
be in front with Ricky (champ) and they won't catch us. This race is only
for us to get another trophy". Grrrrrrrr...

quicker)

Old January 26th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Mads says thank you. She slept late today, is having a good hearty
breakfast (weet-bix and cartoons) and is excited as all get out!

quicker)

"Patti" wrote in message
Fantastic Sharon.
Well done, Maddy.