Summer SLUMP on rcty

Old August 1st 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Summer SLUMP on rcty

Hi BB,

I think Branching Out would look good with the lace weight merino. If
you go to Knitty.com and look it up in the archives, they show 2
versions, one with the mohair/silk and another with Elsebeth Lavold
Silky Wool. The Silky Wool has a gauge of 5.5 on #6's. Using the
larger needles gives the fabric an open lacy quality.

Kindergarten was difficult for me, but something about 1st grade seems
so big! One good thing is he's going to the same school as he did last
year, so it doesn't seem such a drastic change.

I'm taking it easy. I go for treatment on this Friday. I know it will
take a while for it to work, but I'm ready to get better.

Hesira

BB wrote:
Hesira,

Take care of yourself until you're feeling better!

First grade is a big step. The first day of Kindergarten was always the
hardest for me. I made sure I was smiling as my kids left my side but
it didn't last long after they were out of sight

I have a question about the Branching Out scarf. I was thinking of
doing one in a leftover laceweight merino. Would I still want to use
the size 8 needles with that yarn?

BB

Old August 1st 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"hesira" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi BB,

I think Branching Out would look good with the lace weight merino. If
you go to Knitty.com and look it up in the archives, they show 2
versions, one with the mohair/silk and another with Elsebeth Lavold
Silky Wool. The Silky Wool has a gauge of 5.5 on #6's. Using the
larger needles gives the fabric an open lacy quality.

I made this scarf a few months ago as a gift. It was a fine weight wool,
probably laceweight and it looked great. It went over well with the
recipient too. Just don't ask me what I used for needles, probably
something close to what was recommended. I don't think a size up or down
would matter much, and it depends if you are a loose or tight knitter. ;)

Shelagh

Old August 1st 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Shillelagh wrote:
"hesira" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi BB,

I think Branching Out would look good with the lace weight merino. If
you go to Knitty.com and look it up in the archives, they show 2
versions, one with the mohair/silk and another with Elsebeth Lavold
Silky Wool. The Silky Wool has a gauge of 5.5 on #6's. Using the
larger needles gives the fabric an open lacy quality.

I made this scarf a few months ago as a gift. It was a fine weight wool,
probably laceweight and it looked great. It went over well with the
recipient too. Just don't ask me what I used for needles, probably
something close to what was recommended. I don't think a size up or down
would matter much, and it depends if you are a loose or tight knitter. ;)

On another board, a few people posted that they made a shawl with this
pattern by doubling or tripling the width and they look very nice.

sue
Old August 6th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Craftkitten wrote:
Hi

Well for me I know it's been too hot here to really be on the computer
much. I have been crocheting and knitting but haven't got anythgn
finished.

I know it's quieter than usual but hopefully things will improve
shortly. I hope to be able to be online a bit more now as well.

LOL Well, I have been gone for three weeks. I can promise more posts for a
while. And Els has company, so she is likely too busy to check in.

Higs,
Katherine