Yeehah!

Old December 14th 04, 02:20 AM
Trish Brown

Default Yeehah!

My clever, brilliant and remarkably astute DH has just romped home from
a computer parts auction with not one, but *three* Bernina sewing
machines, all in perfect working order! Two are Record 830 machines and
one is a Sport 802. He got the three for less than $40AUS, but only one
of them has a bobbin case!

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive way of getting hold of a bobbin case
and a manual for these machines? (I'd rather find a secondhand source
than have to pay the $50AUS the Local Bloke wants for a new one!) It
would be *such* a Great Thing if I could present my DSD with a going
sewing machine for Christmas! She's doing Fashion and Design at TAFE and
has *no* machine of her own!

Still hugging myself...

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old December 14th 04, 02:28 AM
Kate Dicey

Trish Brown wrote:

My clever, brilliant and remarkably astute DH has just romped home from
a computer parts auction with not one, but *three* Bernina sewing
machines, all in perfect working order! Two are Record 830 machines and
one is a Sport 802. He got the three for less than $40AUS, but only one
of them has a bobbin case!

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive way of getting hold of a bobbin case
and a manual for these machines? (I'd rather find a secondhand source
than have to pay the $50AUS the Local Bloke wants for a new one!) It
would be *such* a Great Thing if I could present my DSD with a going
sewing machine for Christmas! She's doing Fashion and Design at TAFE and
has *no* machine of her own!

Still hugging myself...

What a haul! What a man! Try eBay? Or find a place that does
repairs and ask what they have in the bits&bobs box...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old December 14th 04, 03:43 AM
Debra

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:20:19 +1100, Trish Brown
wrote:

My clever, brilliant and remarkably astute DH has just romped home from
a computer parts auction with not one, but *three* Bernina sewing
machines, all in perfect working order! Two are Record 830 machines and
one is a Sport 802. He got the three for less than $40AUS, but only one
of them has a bobbin case!

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive way of getting hold of a bobbin case
and a manual for these machines? (I'd rather find a secondhand source
than have to pay the $50AUS the Local Bloke wants for a new one!) It
would be *such* a Great Thing if I could present my DSD with a going
sewing machine for Christmas! She's doing Fashion and Design at TAFE and
has *no* machine of her own!

Still hugging myself...

Ebay. Don't forget to check out the seller's rating before you bid.
Right now there are many sellers who are not listing items for bid due
to the low amount of bidders between the fall and winter holidays, but
many have ebay stores or you could wait until after the holidays when
there are more listings. .
Debra in VA
Old December 15th 04, 02:30 PM
Marilyn

Trish Brown wrote:
My clever, brilliant and remarkably astute DH has just romped home from
a computer parts auction with not one, but *three* Bernina sewing
machines, all in perfect working order! Two are Record 830 machines and
one is a Sport 802. He got the three for less than $40AUS, but only one
of them has a bobbin case!

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive way of getting hold of a bobbin case
and a manual for these machines? (I'd rather find a secondhand source
than have to pay the $50AUS the Local Bloke wants for a new one!) It
would be *such* a Great Thing if I could present my DSD with a going
sewing machine for Christmas! She's doing Fashion and Design at TAFE and
has *no* machine of her own!

Still hugging myself...

Trish, that is great. Do you have an Australian version of the sewwing
rummage ads? I've picked up items that I couldn't find on ebay on the
sewing rummage ads. The site I used is
http://rummageads.com/rummage/ They had a wanted-to-buy section too.
Three Berninas! That is quite a find. Your DH did well. My mil and
my sister-in-law have Berninas and they both love them.
Congratulations!

Marilyn in MN

Old December 15th 04, 10:41 PM
Trish Brown

Marilyn wrote:

Trish Brown wrote:

Trish, that is great. Do you have an Australian version of the sewwing
rummage ads? I've picked up items that I couldn't find on ebay on the
sewing rummage ads. The site I used is
http://rummageads.com/rummage/ They had a wanted-to-buy section too.
Three Berninas! That is quite a find. Your DH did well. My mil and
my sister-in-law have Berninas and they both love them.
Congratulations!

Marilyn in MN

Thank you! Yes we're still reeling (no pun intended there...)

DH went to the computer auction to try and get a new power supply for
our PC. Instead, he found pallets and pallets of these Bernina machines!
A local Tech College had purchased new ones and was putting the old ones
out to auction. They've all been very well maintained and go perfectly.
A number of the girls in my DSD's class were lucky enough to get
machines cheaply too. My DSD is going to get the BEST surprise when she
receives her machine! Heeheeheeheehee!

Thanks for the reference to the rummage ads, Marilyn. I'll have a look
straight away! ;-D

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia