I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

Old March 7th 09, 09:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
FC...

Default I need to buy a 'Rolling Mill', any suggestions ?

Need to get a new Rolling Mill. I don't really want to spend any more
than about $700.00 as my use for it will be VERY basic (texturing
metal, flattening out small ingots). I know nothing about 'rolling
mills' so any suggestions or information would be very welcome.

Thanks,

/FC....
Old March 10th 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

FC... wrote:
Need to get a new Rolling Mill. I don't really want to spend any more
than about $700.00 as my use for it will be VERY basic (texturing
metal, flattening out small ingots). I know nothing about 'rolling
mills' so any suggestions or information would be very welcome.

Thanks,

/FC....

You're not going to get much for $700.00.

I found a beautiful electric Dinkel for you on eBay. Unfortunately it
is in Germany. http://tinyurl.com/ahv879

I found another one on the US eBay site at http://tinyurl.com/dhv24f
The seller wants $800.00 for it. He claims the rolls are in perfect
condition, but they don't look that way in the photo. Maybe they are
covered in wax. Hard to tell from the photos. Handle missing, which
you must have to operate. Contact the seller and bargain. Offer him
$400, but only if the rolls are indeed in good condition. Having them
reground is costly and a hassle.

I'd look for a used one from one of the used equipment dealers in
Providence, RI

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old March 10th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Heinrich Butschal[_3_]

Abrasha schrieb:
FC... wrote:

I found a beautiful electric Dinkel for you on eBay. Unfortunately it
is in Germany. http://tinyurl.com/ahv879

Don´t say it too loud, the Austrians would be exhausted if You count them to
germany. :-)

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal
--
Schmuck Gutachter und Schmuckverkauf http://www.butschal.de
Schmuck nach Maß anfertigen http://www.meister-atelier.de
Old March 11th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Heinrich Butschal wrote:
Abrasha schrieb:
FC... wrote:

I found a beautiful electric Dinkel for you on eBay. Unfortunately it
is in Germany. http://tinyurl.com/ahv879

Don´t say it too loud, the Austrians would be exhausted if You count them to
germany. :-)

Artikelstandort: Neuwied, Germany!

Besides, even if it weren't, what about "Der Anschluss"?

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old March 12th 09, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Heinrich Butschal[_3_]

Abrasha schrieb:
Heinrich Butschal wrote:
Abrasha schrieb:
FC... wrote:

I found a beautiful electric Dinkel for you on eBay. Unfortunately it
is in Germany. http://tinyurl.com/ahv879

Don´t say it too loud, the Austrians would be exhausted if You count them to
germany. :-)

Artikelstandort: Neuwied, Germany!

Sorry I didn´t read so far. Anyway it´s sold in the meantime.

Besides, even if it weren't, what about "Der Anschluss"?

the next politically and emotional mining field. :-)

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal
Old March 11th 09, 02:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
FC...

Thanks for the info...

What about the PEPE mills, Are those any good ?

http://www.pepetools.com/viewcategory.php/categoryid/89

I found some of the above locally and wanted to get some feedback...

Cheers,

/FC...
Old March 11th 09, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
ted frater

FC... wrote:
Thanks for the info...

What about the PEPE mills, Are those any good ?

http://www.pepetools.com/viewcategory.php/categoryid/89

I found some of the above locally and wanted to get some feedback...

Cheers,

/FC...

How Local? within say 1hr's driving?
If so, take some metal samples with you, plus the purchase money and
go and try them out.
The spec looks ok for the sort of use you will giveit.
Let us know if you try one out.
Old March 11th 09, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

FC... wrote:
Thanks for the info...

What about the PEPE mills, Are those any good ?

http://www.pepetools.com/viewcategory.php/categoryid/89

I found some of the above locally and wanted to get some feedback...

Cheers,

/FC...

Pepe tools are made in Russia, mediocre quality, but not all bad.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old March 12th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
FC...

I found this one at Rio and it looks like just the Rolling Mill I
might Need !

It looks like it might be of better quality than the PEPE unit. I
like the fact that it has a much wider 'FLAT" surface too. What do
you folks think... ?

DRM C130 with Reduction

http://www.durston.co.uk/lan-en/prod-m-drm130-en.htm

Old March 12th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:09:44 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "FC..."
wrote:

I found this one at Rio and it looks like just the Rolling Mill I
might Need !

It looks like it might be of better quality than the PEPE unit. I
like the fact that it has a much wider 'FLAT" surface too. What do
you folks think... ?

DRM C130 with Reduction

http://www.durston.co.uk/lan-en/prod-m-drm130-en.htm

You won't regret buying a Durston Mill. Highest quality, great customer service
and support in the rare event you need it. Note several models available. The
one you flagged has an 80 mm flat roll, with wire grooves for the rest. If you
don't need the wire, you can get it all flat (130 mm), but I'd guess the wire
rolls are useful, and you'll likely find 80 mm of flat capacity will serve
almost any needs for normal jewelry scale work. Do a quick price comparison
with the Italian Cavallin mills too, before choosing. Equal quality, though
not as accessable customer service from the manufacturer. But if from Rio or a
similar good supplier, that's not an issue, since they too provide good support.

Peter

Rolling Mill Kendall Davies Jewelry 13 July 17th 12 06:07 PM
rolling mill questions ted frater Jewelry 0 September 19th 06 07:38 AM
Calibrating a Rolling Mill Frosty Jewelry 5 May 20th 06 03:31 AM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Marketplace 0 December 14th 03 05:52 PM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Quilting 0 December 14th 03 05:52 PM