Sorting stash......

Old September 21st 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Default Sorting stash......

whew!! I'm putting everything into 18 gallon tubs. So far I have one of
novelty prints, one of fleece, 2 of garment/home deco, 1 almost full of
solid cottons, and 1/2 of flannel. Oops, forgot the one of corduroy. I
also have a tall kitchen garbage bag of felt, etc to donate to a church
sale. When I finish, maybe I can focus on using stash.

--
Mary

Old September 21st 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Oh, dang!!!
We're supposed to use our stash? I fondle it, play with it, buy more of
it, squish it out, and buy yet more.

I think I was absent the day we were being taught we are supposed to
use our stash!!! )

Ginger in CA

Old September 21st 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

well, sometimes using stash becomes necessary. g I did find a piece of
fabric I was looking for the other day. Now to get the "quilt pink" block
made and delivered.

--
Mary
ups.com...
:
: maryd wrote:
: whew!! I'm putting everything into 18 gallon tubs. So far I have one
of
: novelty prints, one of fleece, 2 of garment/home deco, 1 almost full of
: solid cottons, and 1/2 of flannel. Oops, forgot the one of corduroy. I
: also have a tall kitchen garbage bag of felt, etc to donate to a church
: sale. When I finish, maybe I can focus on using stash.
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
:

Old September 21st 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julia sidebottom

maryd wrote:

whew!! I'm putting everything into 18 gallon tubs. So far I have one of
novelty prints, one of fleece, 2 of garment/home deco, 1 almost full of
solid cottons, and 1/2 of flannel. Oops, forgot the one of corduroy. I
also have a tall kitchen garbage bag of felt, etc to donate to a church
sale. When I finish, maybe I can focus on using stash.

Stash bashes are always fun! And it sounds like you have been having
'buckets' of fun.
Angie and I are going to start on my stash again next Tuesday. We
were going to give it a try this week but a few things got in the way.
Next Tuesday I will be wired up on my IV therapy all day so it will be a
good chance for Angie to get her first thrill of fondling my stash.
Trust me though I have a 'long arm' grabber that will retrieve anything
that looks like it is getting lost.
julia

Old September 21st 06, 07:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

maryd wrote:
whew!! I'm putting everything into 18 gallon tubs. So far I have one of
novelty prints, one of fleece, 2 of garment/home deco, 1 almost full of
solid cottons, and 1/2 of flannel. Oops, forgot the one of corduroy. I
also have a tall kitchen garbage bag of felt, etc to donate to a church
sale. When I finish, maybe I can focus on using stash.

--
Mary

When my husband was still in high school, he made me a large cedar
chest in woodshop class. It is a cumbersome big thing and it has been a
real albatross for the last 35 years, but I was too emotionally
attached to it to get rid of it. Last year I had him move it to the
den, and I bought tubs & decorative boxes to put inside and store
fabric. The fabric smells kind of funky sometimes, but at least I have
it all in one place.

Sherry

Old September 21st 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

maryd wrote:

whew!! I'm putting everything into 18 gallon tubs. So far I have one of
novelty prints, one of fleece, 2 of garment/home deco, 1 almost full of
solid cottons, and 1/2 of flannel. Oops, forgot the one of corduroy. I
also have a tall kitchen garbage bag of felt, etc to donate to a church
sale. When I finish, maybe I can focus on using stash.

I need to do this...

I seriously need to sort out the stuff for the kids' sewing classes so
that it's all together and easily accessible, the garb stash for
costumes, and the straight garment stash. The quilting stash is
separate, but it too needs sorting. Some of my boxes are stuffed to
overflowing and a couple are empty... Certainly needs a good sort
through! And labelling... Trouble is with the equivalent of 50 boxes
of the stuff, where do I start?

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 21st 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

one box at a time - get some teenagers to help by bribing them with
chocolate cake after or something. Then sit on throne, pile of fabric at
your side and let the teens put as appropriate in the tubs :-)

--
Jessamy I"m still dreaming? darn it was fun being Queen
In The Netherlands

Old September 21st 06, 09:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Jessamy wrote:

one box at a time - get some teenagers to help by bribing them with
chocolate cake after or something. Then sit on throne, pile of fabric at
your side and let the teens put as appropriate in the tubs :-)

Thing is it's all so mixed up at the moment that I need to get the whole
lot down out of the loft in order to see:

WHAT there is!
HOW MUCH of each there is...
HOW MANY MORE boxes I need to store it properly...

For example, I know there's a complete box worth of lining off cuts, but
they are not all in the same place...

There are at least three boxes of curtain fabrics, some of which are
remnants large enough to provide a pair of curtains for the sewing room
or landing windows... Plus several bags of triangular bits, waterfall,
and other oddments!

Then there are the bits I bought originally for curtains for the living
room, but changed my mind and cut some off to cover the cushions... And
a whole pile of sheeting I was going to make duvet covers out of but CBA
when they are so cheap from Dunelm Mills...

And I do not know where it all is in the stacks! So you see the scale
of the problem... I think I'll just tidy up the conservatory and sweep
the floor out there, and then start shifting stuff... While the boxes
are out I might get DH to put down some more of the flooring we have
waiting...

I think it's got to the point where I can't get on with sewing because I
don't know where the fabric I want to sew has got to! AARRGGHH!

sorting my stash maryd Quilting 5 September 10th 06 04:03 AM
Color Theory: Starting/Maintaining a Stash Dannielle Quilting 40 November 12th 05 07:14 PM
OT - Stash reduction Johanna Gibson Quilting 8 June 2nd 04 04:31 AM
Sorting stash and scraps.. Mary Quilting 1 February 3rd 04 02:26 PM
Sorting Stash frood Quilting 48 October 26th 03 04:33 PM