OT - Odd Weather

Old July 26th 05, 02:49 AM
MRH

Default OT - Odd Weather

So yesterday I got off here in a big hurry because of a very loud and nasty
looking thunder and lightning storm happening outside that shook the house
and almost rattled the teeth in everyone's mouths. That blew over very
quickly but still looked stormy out and looked like it could come back again
anytime, with all the very heavy cloud coverage up above.

Late last night I put the dogs out one last time before going to bed, and
stood on the deck waiting for them to finish. I looked up and saw that
there were some stars in the sky, although not as many as we can usually see
in the back yard away from the streetlights... however even though there
were stars out and the sky looked clear, the entire sky looked like it was
vibrating, like a strobe light. There was heat lightning throughout the
entire sky... no streaks, nothing like that at all... just the strobe light
effect.

This morning Matthew asked me if I had heard that we in our area were under
a tornado watch last night. NOoooo I didn't know that at all.
Apparently his best friend was talking with him last night after I had
headed off to bed and told him that he just heard it on the weather network.
Hmmm... interesting... and Matthew is the one who sleeps through the biggest
storms we have around here.

I did wake up a few times throughout the night (nothing unusual about that,
I rarely sleep all the way through the night anymore), but when I went back
to bed early this morning after making a trip to the washroom I went into
the deepest sleep I've had in a very long time. Too deep actually, as I
woke up with a whopping big headache and could barely move. I'm sure the
weather had a lot to do with it... with or without a tornado watch
nearby.... the temperature is high and the air feels heavy and sticky.
Yesterday was the first day since the pool was fixed that I didn't go in
it... but then I wasn't about to go in the pool with lightning in the air.

Gemini
- not really complaining about the weather (it's so nice to have pool
weather this summer, considering we only got to use it a handful of times
last summer), but the Fibromyalgia and arthritis could use a break from the
humidity. The only time I move easy anymore is when I'm actually *in* the
pool.

Old July 26th 05, 03:03 AM

MRH wrote:
[...]

Hi Gemini,

I know exactly what you mean about the humidity and your health. Same
thing happens with my hands and fingers and it's no fun. Tomorrow is
suppose to be the worst day of this week, high in the 90's and high
humidity, then you folks in Canada are sending some cooler air down to
us, thank you and I can't wait for it to get here.

Hugs,

Nora

Old July 26th 05, 03:43 AM
Katherine

MRH wrote:
snip

Gem,
I think that the weather has been odd everywhere this summer. It has cooled
down considerably here now, and I am really pleased. I see hotter weather
coming up, but we will be in Nova Scotia then. I don't know if it will be
hot there or not. I hope not, but I think so. :-(
This weather doesn't help Keith any, either.
Katherine

Old July 26th 05, 04:23 AM
MRH

"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:
snip

Gem,
I think that the weather has been odd everywhere this summer. It has
cooled down considerably here now, and I am really pleased. I see hotter
weather coming up, but we will be in Nova Scotia then. I don't know if it
will be hot there or not. I hope not, but I think so. :-(
This weather doesn't help Keith any, either.
Katherine

I'm sure that Keith must be in a lot of pain and having more difficulty
getting around too. /

Hmmm, so if the hotter weather is coming up, and the cooler weather is going
down to where Nora is... I can only assume that you two are sharing back and
forth. ;o) Maybe you will be lucky and miss the heat while you're in Nova
Scotia.

Wave at a whale for me while there. ;o) I've been looking at Nova Scotia
travel brochures and have seen where you can go out to see the whales in
their own territory and they come fairly near the boats. How cool that
would be! )

Gem

Old July 26th 05, 04:27 AM
MRH

wrote in message
oups.com...

I know exactly what you mean about the humidity and your health. Same
thing happens with my hands and fingers and it's no fun. Tomorrow is
suppose to be the worst day of this week, high in the 90's and high
humidity, then you folks in Canada are sending some cooler air down to
us, thank you and I can't wait for it to get here.

Yes, that humidity is horrible for these health conditions. Cooler weather
from Canada huh? Well at least the American weathermen won't be saying
"You can blame it the cool front coming in from Canada" like they do in the
winter.... everyone will be happy with the Canadian cool front this time.
LOL You *must* be going to get the cooler weather from Katherine, because
I have none to send you.

Gem

Old July 26th 05, 05:01 AM
Katherine

MRH wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:
[...]

Actually, it makes me a bit nervous. They are pretty big, you know! g

Katherine

Old July 26th 05, 05:01 AM
Katherine

MRH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I know exactly what you mean about the humidity and your health.
Same thing happens with my hands and fingers and it's no fun.
Tomorrow is suppose to be the worst day of this week, high in the
90's and high humidity, then you folks in Canada are sending some
cooler air down to us, thank you and I can't wait for it to get here.

Yes, that humidity is horrible for these health conditions. Cooler
weather from Canada huh? Well at least the American weathermen
won't be saying "You can blame it the cool front coming in from
Canada" like they do in the winter.... everyone will be happy with
the Canadian cool front this time. LOL You *must* be going to get
the cooler weather from Katherine, because I have none to send you.

I want to keep it for myself this week, Gem. g

Katherine

Old July 26th 05, 03:13 PM
MRH

"Katherine" wrote in message
MRH wrote:

Wave at a whale for me while there. ;o) I've been looking at Nova
Scotia travel brochures and have seen where you can go out to see the
whales in their own territory and they come fairly near the boats. How
cool that would be! )

Actually, it makes me a bit nervous. They are pretty big, you know! g

I know! When I went to Marineland in Niagara Falls with my Mom, Matthew and
his best friend I got to pat an Orca whale when it was laying on a shelf in
shallow water. It was SO cool... it was looking right in my eyes as I was
talking to it and stroking it. I swear I could feel a connection of our
souls. It really affected me deeply. )

My Mom got to pat a whale too, and was very pleased about it. Matthew and
Kyle were in a different part of the park on rides and missed out on
touching the whales... they were very disappointed. A couple of years ago
when Matthew and I went there again, they had put a $5.00 charge (it was
free when my Mom and I touched them) to *feed* the whales (Belugas in one
area and Orcas in another) two fish. It took all of two seconds to do, and
if you weren't quick enough to reach out and touch them, you would miss out
on that part as they practically rushed you through so other people could
feed the whales too. Not as nice as the time with my Mom when we didn't
have to feed them fish and could take a few minutes to talk to them and
stroke them gently.

I really want to go on one of those tours off of Nova Scotia to see them up
close in their own environment. I'd also love to do the Alaskan Cruise
thing where you go near the icebergs and get to see the whales in their own
environment there too. Although the tours in Nova Scotia guarantee whale
spotting, whereas I don't remember reading that it is guaranteed on the
Alaskan Cruises.

Gem

Old July 26th 05, 03:23 PM

Hi Gem,

The only problem now is Katherines cool air and the hot air from here
are going to collide right over our area tonight so they are predicting
very strong storms with damaging winds tonight and tomorrow. I love the
cool air, but not the storms that come with it.

Hugs,

Nora

Old July 26th 05, 03:31 PM
MRH

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gem,

The only problem now is Katherines cool air and the hot air from here
are going to collide right over our area tonight so they are predicting
very strong storms with damaging winds tonight and tomorrow. I love the
cool air, but not the storms that come with it.

I can understand that. I woke up this morning to a bit of a thunderstorm.
No winds though... the rain was coming down perfectly straight. It hasn't
cooled off any though, and the sun is trying to poke through the clouds.

Gem