i've worked myself into another mess

Old March 30th 04, 08:29 PM
Christina Peterson

Default i've worked myself into another mess

It looks good, Vicki. And there's nothing wrong with a necklace having some
weight. I'd go for cones, preferably very simple ones since there is so
much silver already and you don't want any style conflicts.

I like to make necklaces lighter at the back, so I probably would have cut
the braid from triple strands to double strands (decreasing one of the three
strand per inch). Of course, that still might have needed a cone at the end
too.

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
news
i created this:
http://www.vickijean.com/images/virginia1.jpg

for a dear friend.
she's over the moon about it.
however
now that it's almost done, i've boxed myself in.
there are NINE strands on this one. not only do i have to find a
heavy clasp for it, i need to "tie" off all those ends!
i have some cones from Nicole, but they're heavy - and as heavy as
this already is, i'm not sure about adding even more weight to it.

ideas, anyone???????????

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
-----------
I have so many pet peeves that they now qualify as a herd!
- Janet P - RAM

Old March 30th 04, 09:01 PM
Jalynne

Me too!! I was just about to ask.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list
See what DH is up to at http://www.teamintraining.org/participant/kinney-162652

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from :

]What about making beaded cones to match? Those wouldn't weigh much.

ooooh - how????
that's a new one for me, but i'd love to know how.......

-----------

Old March 30th 04, 10:45 PM
Dr. Sooz

It says it's inaccessible.

Here's a scan of what I'm talking about [note: this is my first time
using yahoo's photo album service, so if it didn't work please tell
me!]:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...bum?.dir=/9dc4

Lindsey

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old March 30th 04, 10:52 PM
armand vine

I have some very light wt. Bali silver cones(1-2g).
They are plain polished silver about 1" long, 6mm lg end and 3mm small end.
Let me know if you still want to use silver cones.
Armand Vine

Old March 31st 04, 12:28 AM

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:44:54 -0800, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from :

]
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cra...bum?.dir=/9dc4

]Does it work now? I set it to public view.

yes, it does! that's gorgeous!!!!!!!

Thanks! It's more colorful in real life, the beads that look dark
grey are actually rainbow iris.

now, if i can just figure it out . . . **grin**
thank you!

I wish I could explain it better, it's not hard to do. The trickiest
part is stitching it together and keeping the threads shown to a
minimum.

Lindsey
Old March 31st 04, 12:33 AM
scaperchick

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:48:35 -0800, vj wrote:

i created this:
http://www.vickijean.com/images/virginia1.jpg

there are NINE strands on this one. not only do i have to find a
heavy clasp for it, i need to "tie" off all those ends!
i have some cones from Nicole, but they're heavy - and as heavy as
this already is, i'm not sure about adding even more weight to it.

ideas, anyone???????????

I can't offer any advice, but HOLEE MAMA that is beautiful!
Old March 31st 04, 05:02 PM
Harry

And what a beautiful mess you have made! )
It is very beautiful and easily seen. The person that wears
this work of art will draw plenty of positive attention!

Harry

what a mess roxan Beads 5 December 12th 03 02:00 PM
OT A soggy mess I could cry. Shirley Shone Beads 27 October 24th 03 12:24 PM