OT - Canadian Maritimes weather

Old February 20th 04, 01:25 AM
Bob & Marg Whittleton

Default OT - Canadian Maritimes weather

I hope all our Canadian maritimers are OK with the terrible storm that
has hit. (The weather forecasters are calling it a weather bomb). Both
PEI and Nova Scotia have declared states of emergency with 50cm+ snow
and steady winds at 80 clicks with gusts to 100. New Brunswick and
Newfoundland are also suffering And despite the let up of snowfall
tomorrow, the wind isn't forecast to drop for another day so everybody
should stay inside.

Hope the power stays on and you can get some solid stitching done.

Marg

Old February 20th 04, 02:15 AM
Mavia Beaulieu

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:25:08 -0500, Bob & Marg Whittleton
wrote:

I hope all our Canadian maritimers are OK with the terrible storm that
has hit. (The weather forecasters are calling it a weather bomb). Both
PEI and Nova Scotia have declared states of emergency with 50cm+ snow
and steady winds at 80 clicks with gusts to 100. New Brunswick and
Newfoundland are also suffering And despite the let up of snowfall
tomorrow, the wind isn't forecast to drop for another day so everybody
should stay inside.

Hope the power stays on and you can get some solid stitching done.

Marg

Thanks Marg. Realistically, I have not seen anyone round here even
trying to open a door.

I did not get anything done today, a whole day wasted. It was
something about waking to windows plastered with snow and this ghastly
lethargy that seemed to enclose the house. I see no hope of leaving
the house til Saturday, I am going to try to do better tomorrow!

I have not heard a word from Clancy in NB - Moncton, her general area
is taking a pounding too, so perhaps her power is out. I know Mavia
and Ruby are alive.

Sheena

Thanks for your concern, Marg! As Sheena has said the weather has been
beastly all day and continues to be so even now at !0:00pm AST. The drift at
the bottom of our driveway would be over my head! No sense doing anything
about it until tomorrow as it would only just drift back in. No need to go
anywhere as there isn't anything open . I think since we just went through
hurricane Juan in September, people heeded the warning and were more
prepared for this storm. I know the grocery store was very busy when I was
there yesterday.

So it's a great night to stitch or what ever else turns your crank on a
stormy night. I'm just hoping the power stays on. We've had a few blips
but so far so good! Hang in there Sheena...don't blow out to sea!

Mavia

Old February 20th 04, 03:05 AM
clancy

Nope no power outages - yet - but the wind is still very high - hope I have
some siding left on the house by morning - we've been very lucky. I have a
drift at least 6 ft. high in front of my house - it looks like a tidal wave
coming at me. It will be a while before we recover from this one - the
banks of snow here were high enough without this storm. Oh well, the joys
of living in the Maritimes .... I suppose we'll be complaining about the
heat of summer soon - and all that weeding, etc. :-)

There was some stupid person who got stuck in her van and had to be rescued
today down on the marshes - she had her 2 mo. old and 24 mo. old with her -
now that was a smart thing to do in such a vicious storm!

Sharon (N.B.)

Old February 20th 04, 01:55 PM
clancy

Oh we're fine - I was cooking up a storm (much to 'someone's delight) all
day yesterday in the event the power did go out ... we have food for a few
days, believe me. G

Nope I won't complain about the heat this summer (they haven't cancelled it,
have they?) I promise promise promise

It is absolutely gorgeous outside today - sunny mild - like the calm after
the storm I guess. A nice walk in the woods is in order today. Everything
is so pretty and fresh - but thanks, I've had enough. Now take that hex off
me Sheena - I know where you live!!

Sharon (N.B.)
"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 03:05:39 GMT, "clancy"
wrote:

Nope no power outages - yet - but the wind is still very high - hope I

have
some siding left on the house by morning - we've been very lucky. I have

drift at least 6 ft. high in front of my house - it looks like a tidal

wave
coming at me. It will be a while before we recover from this one - the
banks of snow here were high enough without this storm. Oh well, the

joys
of living in the Maritimes .... I suppose we'll be complaining about the
heat of summer soon - and all that weeding, etc. :-)

There you are! Was wondering if you were ok. I trust you will not
email me this summer complaining about the heat - you just would not
dare!

There was some stupid person who got stuck in her van and had to be

rescued
today down on the marshes - she had her 2 mo. old and 24 mo. old with

her -
now that was a smart thing to do in such a vicious storm!

Sharon (N.B.)

There is always someone who can be relied upon to do the foolish
thing, reprehensible though that she would venture out with babies
like that. Surely anyone could tell, this was the real thing and to
respect it.

Glad to know you are ok

Sheena

Old February 20th 04, 06:34 PM
Gillian Murray

Sharon,

Which day do you have summer up there??

Ducking and running

Gillian

Old February 20th 04, 07:46 PM
clancy

Now you'd just be surprised how beautiful our summers are Ms Florida Girl!!!
We can tuff out the seasons around here unlike some of those wimpy southern
belles. G We're the True North Strong and Free, dontcha know??!!

Sharon (N.B.)

link.net...

Old February 20th 04, 08:55 PM
Gillian Murray

OK,

Don't you forget I am a transplant down here, and wilt in the heat!! I still
really belong to my upbringing back across the pond. "It's not cold, just
brisk!!" and "Eat the fat, it is good for you, stops you from catching
colds", "a little rain never hurt you" etc.

Nope, I just can't rank as a southern belle; can't stand crinolines, grits
or peanuts!!

Gillian

Old February 21st 04, 02:48 AM
clancy

Oh well if you think your hide is climatized to your home across the pond,
you will welcome our summers - we can get pretty high humidity but no one
complains (right Sheena?) - lovely breezes too. Now I hear we are to get
25-30 cm more snow tomorrow night ... that's on top of the 55 cm we got
yesterday - where we'll all put that snow is beyond me - the banks are so
high now. It will all soon be forgotten tho and we'll be on to summer ... I
love the seasons and can't imagine anything else.

Old February 21st 04, 03:19 PM
clancy

Nope - you have that right .... but who else would send me such pretty
flowers every day?

Sharon (N.B.)

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 02:48:35 GMT, "clancy"
wrote:

Oh well if you think your hide is climatized to your home across the

pond,
you will welcome our summers - we can get pretty high humidity but no one
complains (right Sheena?) - lovely breezes too. Now I hear we are to get
25-30 cm more snow tomorrow night ... that's on top of the 55 cm we got
yesterday - where we'll all put that snow is beyond me - the banks are so
high now. It will all soon be forgotten tho and we'll be on to summer

.... I
love the seasons and can't imagine anything else.

Sharon (N.B.)

I reckon YOU will never complain about summer again, at least not to
me g

................................................. ..........................

..

hlink.net...

Old February 22nd 04, 02:17 AM
clancy

My sister is over Beaverbank way down there and is having a holy fit cuz her
road isn't done yet either ... no emergency there ... she just wants to go
shopping!!!

We had a plow (or is that plough) go up our road FOUR times within 10
minutes once that last storm was over - my neighbour was out there shaking
his fist at him ... course if the plow hadn't come at all, the neighbour
would've been on the phone complaining about that. Can't win I guess.

The snowmobilers have the path all groomed thru the woods - just one of the
loveliest walks you could have - so pretty and peaceful ... hey, you have
to look on the brighter side of some things you just can't change.

Sharon (N.B.)

"Lucretia Borgia" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:19:19 GMT, "clancy"
wrote:

Nope - you have that right .... but who else would send me such pretty
flowers every day?

Sharon (N.B.)

Pat is going to send me one of her camellia (it's blooming now - sigh)
I will ask her to send it to you too.

I can't see the grass, let alone any flowers. Last my neighbour
heard, we will be "lucky" if we see the plough round here by Monday.
That was before it was certain that there is to be more snow tonight.

I am down to UHT milk now, one better than Carnation, but only just.
No bread left, veggies and fruit starting to run out. Guess I will
have to do Atkins on all the protein in the fridge.

At least it made me start sorting, chucking and packing stuff
yesterday - that's looking on the bright side wherever that is!

................................................. ..........................

..

.. .
wrote:

Oh well if you think your hide is climatized to your home across the

pond,
you will welcome our summers - we can get pretty high humidity but no

one
complains (right Sheena?) - lovely breezes too. Now I hear we are to

get
25-30 cm more snow tomorrow night ... that's on top of the 55 cm we

got
yesterday - where we'll all put that snow is beyond me - the banks are

so
high now. It will all soon be forgotten tho and we'll be on to summer

... I
love the seasons and can't imagine anything else.

Sharon (N.B.)

I reckon YOU will never complain about summer again, at least not to
me g

..
.