AD - Item up on Bidville

Old January 25th 05, 06:59 PM
Kalera Stratton

Default AD - Item up on Bidville

After doing much pondering and looking at options, I have decided to
give BidVille as much of my support as I can... not because they're
necessarily more "worthy" as a bead market, but because I think they
have a very good chance at being real competition for eBay, not just in
the bead category but across the board. They are *very* receptive to
creating/changing categories, and their responses are personal, swift,
and excellent. They have even, upon request, created a "lampwork"
category, though it hasn't been activated yet. Looking at the numbers of
items for sale already, and the number of emails I've received from
former eBay vendors who are making the switch, it would seem that
Bidville is the destination of choice for many disgruntled eBay sellers,
and as a frequent eBay buyer I'm making it my first choice. They're
having trouble with their "browse" function right now but they're
working on it!

With all that said, here's my first BidVille offering; it's priced below
my normal starting bid, and all of my future BidVille listings will be,
also, until it becomes an established venue.

http://www.bidville.com/listings/det...emnum=10462860

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old January 25th 05, 07:15 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Lovely, Kalera!

I hope they'll split out the lampwork category into artisan/imported, too.

B.

Old January 25th 05, 08:12 PM
Kalera Stratton

I think they will... all it seems to take is someone who asks, and a few
people listing. I asked for a lampwork category and they made one...
anybody else want to ask them to split it into "self-representing
artists" and "other"? I don't want to be pushy, after all I only have
one item listed right now, LOL!

Old January 26th 05, 03:15 PM

Love the beads, Kalera!
However, having middle aged beader's eyes, I find the dark gray
background makes the listings hard to read. Is that the only background
color they have? Just a thought.
Patti

Old January 30th 05, 09:03 PM
Kalera Stratton

Hmmmm, I didn't notice dark grey... I do use an HTML template that is in
the same colors as my website, sort of dark blue-green with large white
text. Was that what you were having trouble reading? I wonder if it's
not displaying right, for some reason.

Old January 30th 05, 09:04 PM
Kalera Stratton

Hi Lilyflower! I'm afraid I really don't know how much paid advertising
Bidville does... so far, I have only heard of them through word of mouth.

Lilyflower wrote:

Your beads are wonderful. Love the pink and streaky effect.
I was looking around Bidville and I wondered how many items are getting
bids. It seemed sparse, but there were a lot of items not really on
auction (auction price close to buy it price).
I also googled bracelet + Bidville and found a lot of listings. That's
good. The question is how much advertising does Bidville do? Or were
these from individual sellers?
Thought maybe you'd know the answers.
Lilyflower

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old January 30th 05, 09:08 PM
Kalera Stratton

Here is a list of closed auctions with the word "lampwork" in them:

http://www.bidville.com/src/index.asp?index=5

Lilyflower wrote:
Fiddy wrote:

Lilyflower wrote:

wrote:

Love the beads, Kalera!
However, having middle aged beader's eyes, I find the dark gray
background makes the listings hard to read. Is that the only

background

color they have? Just a thought.
Patti

Your beads are wonderful. Love the pink and streaky effect.
I was looking around Bidville and I wondered how many items are

getting

bids. It seemed sparse, but there were a lot of items not really

on

auction (auction price close to buy it price).

What's that mean? I like it when the buy it now is close to the

auction

price...that means that I know the seller's price and can just buy

it!

Hmmm.....scratches confuzzled head

It's fine if the buy it now is close to the auction price. I was
trying to get an idea of how many items had bids, just a cursory look.
I found NO bids except for Kalera's. The thing about buy it now is
that there is no way to scan them and know how many have been sold
since the listing is removed when sold. I admit I didn't look to see
if Bidville had a way to examine completed auctions.
Lilyflower, Mistress of Confusion

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com