Help needed!! like never before on finding a fabric

Old January 27th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Help needed!! like never before on finding a fabric

I have plans on making a small baby or crib size quilt.. ( with very thick
batting) for my daughter.
the story and the link is here
http://www.fabrics.net/swatch/member...hreadid=202563

I cannot find the fabric, but I have found something close to it online,
http://www.overrainbow.com/cgi-bin/S...ershungryalpha

it does not have the yellow lines running though it or the blocks with the
Alphabet inside the blocks, but it is white with Alphabet's spaced about the
same in the photo which I think can work.
So I have been thinking, If I cannot find the matching fabric I will make
something close too it,
and this is where your help is needed.. !!!

I was thinking about using the photo ( just one) in the quilt.. by blowing
up the small photo I have, and placing that onto the top of the New
Alphabet fabric.
But I would have no idea how to do this..
or what would be needed to make a one photo for a quilt.. ( I have used iron
on from my printer) but it is stiff. and would not work, or the colors my
fade in time. brake off etc..

Also this quilt will not really be a quilt.. ( as you can see in the photo,)
It will be quilted, but with only about two yards of fabric, and using
white as the backing. If I have to piece, I would only like to piece the
photo onto the quilt,
I thought that it might be best to use white to match the fabric cotton with
out a print for the photo, then sew that in the middle, with the a saying
for her.

If I up-size the photo, would it come out looking like mush? or do I need
to just keep the small size photo?
I do not have the nev. of the photo, just the photo.

Is there a web site that can turn fabric into a photo that will be
heirloom, with the fabric I need?

Also I need very high batting, where can I find this?

I do remember that her cover was sewed from the inside then turned, no
binding..
She has talked to me about wanting one again.. So I have been looking online
off and on for some time.

I wouldn't even care if the fabric was used.. If I could find the same
fabric..

If I have to make one for her, I want this to be the best fabrics and it is
going to be a heirloom. for her 19th birthday which is in March, so I still
have time!

recap:

high batting, where can I find this?

web site that can turn fabric into a photo that will be heirloom,

New or used fabric like in the photo.

--
Christina Hilburn
Quilting Photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/cchilb

Old January 27th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

http://equilter.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_search.html
You might want to take a look at some of these fabrics too.

Best results will come from printing photos directly onto fabric from your
computer printer. This can be done either using a solution to prepare the
fabric for printing (to make the print "permanent"), or using pre-prepared
fabric sheets ready for printing. Most on rctq like Printed Treasures
fabric sheets. I use the sheets sold by Electric Quilt.

There have been a number of recent posts on this, and I am sure someone will
give the details again. I just thought you might want to see these other
fabrics.

--

Cheryl in Oz
cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau

Old January 27th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

This idea sounds the best. I think you could come really close to the
print with a stamp. What a nice surprise for her.

Susan

Old January 27th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have two crib sheets (bought in 1987) in this fabric. They have
been well used but are in decent condition. Want them? If so, e-mail
me with your mailing address.

And "they" say you should get rid of your baby stuff!

Mary
Old January 27th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

well.. we all do eventually - nobody told me there was a timeline ;-)

I have lent my crib to a friend ( my youngest is 2 1/2 and as I'm *very*
single I am not planning any more soon lol) - she is thrilled not to have to
buy one and I have the joy of sharing :-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old January 27th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

You can use your own fabric or buy fabric already bonded to paper.
There is also products for copiers as well as silk
fabric. This site has instructions for getting images on fabric.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/517692-AA.shtml

Shana