Thanks to Another Member of the Cheering Team

Old August 2nd 05, 12:49 AM
R. E. Wicker

Default Thanks to Another Member of the Cheering Team

Today I received a package of beautiful fabric and pattern for my
Patriotic Quilt. This time from Marissa in Seattle, Washington. I
spent two years at the Naval Headquarters 13th District in the
Exchange Building during WWII. The remaining time I spent at our Navy
Air Bases at Puunene and Kahului. The last several month we spent
wrapping up the bases after the dropping of the Bomb. I returned to
the states in January 1946. I did love the time I spent in Seattle
and one of the things special was that my brother Jesse who was aboard
the U.S.S. California at Pearl Harbor on that fateful day, then on the
U.S.S. Colorado which was also shot up and then the U. S. S. West
Virginia the Flag ship of our Fleet. That Battleship lost all it's
superstructure in battle and was refitted at the dry dock in Tacoma or
Bremerton...anyway...Jesse and I had about four months to go to
concerts, and plays at the Auditorium and saw Sisters, Sisters I
believe on New Years Eve. Then we shipped overseas back into the war
zone.. We met again in 1946 in IOWA our home state. Well that's
surely enough back ground. Sorry about that.
Too hot today to cut fabric.
Rhoda
http://home.att.net/~rewicker