Wedding means a quilt & 3D quilt pattern book

Old November 22nd 03, 06:37 PM
Ann

Default Wedding means a quilt & 3D quilt pattern book

Hi all
Within the last month someone had posted a link to a book of 3D quilt
patterns. I was sure I had saved the url but I guess not. There was 3
different books I believe. I'd really appeciate it if someone could point
me in the right direction for these books. I want to show DH the pictures
to get his input on a new quilt that I need to make.

I started the tradition of making nieces and nephews a quilt for a wedding
gift. There hasn't been a wedding for a few years now. We had a family
gathering a couple weeks ago and the single nieces and nephews asked me if I
was still making quilts for their weddings. I said yes but needed a 2 year
warning. (not really, was just teasing them). Much to the embarassment of
the new girl/boy friends in the family, 4 of them gave me their 2 year
warning. None of them wanted to miss out on getting their quilt!!!

DH came home last night and told me I better get sewing. His nephew is now
engaged. No date but I need to get thinking on a quilt. Which makes this
all doubly exciting!!

Something colourful so it will go with anything and I've always wanted to
try one of those 3D patterns, so if someone knows the books I"m thinking of
it would be a great help.

Ann

Old November 22nd 03, 07:49 PM
juliasb(nospam)

I have two books on 3-D or fabric folding quilt blocks. Both are
authored by Rebecca Wat.
I have only made one quilt from her patterns so far. I made it
soooooo large that I have to take off some of the blocks I made to make
the quilt manageable. Right now it would cover a King size bed to the
floor and them some. I figure once I take off some of the blocks I will
most likely be able to get 2 queen size quilts from it. I guess I got
carried away with making these beautiful blocks.
I don't have a url for you but you may want to do a search for her
publications. I purchased my books on line from buy.com. Bought them
used and saved a nice slice of change that way.
juliasb

--

Conductor of the Squish-mobile

....come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life

http://globnet.com/~flair/

Old November 22nd 03, 10:27 PM
Patti

Hullo Ann
I have three in a series of folded patchwork books. They are by Jennie
Rayment. She does have a website. I don't know the exact url (of
course! - do I ever?!) but if you put her name into Google, you'll get
it. Her patterns are really terrific, and not difficult to do. She
started doing them all in cream calico (muslin to you!), now she has
introduced colour into her work (in Book 3). I am doing mine in cream
on creams, with a gorgeous multi-coloured fabric for the sashing. The
is quite a bit of hand-sewing for some of them, and I am doing that with
a cream silk. I am very pleased so far - I think I will continue to be.
I haven't seen Book 4, but I expect I will at one of the shows next
year, when it is widely available.
..
In article N1Ovb.123502$jy.78424@clgrps13, Ann
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 22nd 03, 11:58 PM
nzl*

hey Ann,
try a google search on Kumiko Sudo, Rebecca Wat and Jackie Robinson. they're
the ones that come to mind just now.
jeanne
found this on jackie
http://www.quilttownusa.com/Chitra/3...kbeginners.htm
heres a few other sites.
http://www.rebahpub.net/fold/index.html
http://www.nmia.com/~mgdesign/qor/fr...fan/3dfan.html
checked the others i had in my favs folder, either they arent working links
or they arent quilt related, hmmmmmm, how come i got them in there then, oh
well.
hth,
jeanne

"Ann" wrote...

Old November 23rd 03, 04:33 PM
Helen Howes

http://www.jennierayment.com

Highly recommended, and her books are very funny too. I am doing two
days of workshops with her tomorrow (Monday) and Tuesday this week-
will be great fun. I cannot recommend her teaching too highly - last
time we all had great fun and you get to finish your project in the
time allowed- I find many teachers promise a whole lot more than the
class actually provides...

Helen Howes
Old November 23rd 03, 07:32 PM
Patti

Oh Helen I envy you!
I have only met her to talk to, not to have a workshop with. She is so
like the writing in her books - very witty and outrageous.
Have a terrific time.
..
In article , Helen Howes
writes