New Tool, Big Difference

Old July 13th 03, 05:22 PM
Rachel T.

Default New Tool, Big Difference

I am now the proud owner of a pair of crimpers.

I just *had* to try them out last night, so I grabbed my crystal car baubble
and crimped the tubes. Surprisingly easy, but now it's kind of screwed up. LOL
This was only the second time I've used tube crimps. The first time they broke.
Anyway, they held together for my rear-view baubble, and since they were
squished flat, all the beads sat nicely together. After getting the crimpers
after them, the bottom crimp now sits nicely inside the bottom bead. Which, of
course, means that there's now a slight gap. sigh Oh well, it's no biggie to
me about the gap since the dangle will *eventually* make its way to my car.

I just might spend the day crimping my old pieces and whatever else I can think
of. I think I'm going to like these....

Rachel T.
Damn right I'm good in bed. I can sleep for days.
Old July 14th 03, 07:52 AM
Lee S. Billings

In article ldnQa.49137$OZ2.8865@rwcrnsc54, says...

Or a small (2 or 3mm), silver bead.

I tried that *once*. Managed to catch the bead along with the crimp and flatten
it thoroughly! The daisy spacer doesn't slip into the crimper jaws, and I like
the way it looks on the finished item.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at