My Star Wars Knit and Crochet patterns page is updated

Old June 6th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Default My Star Wars Knit and Crochet patterns page is updated

Hi everyone,

My Star Wars knit and crochet pages have been separated by craft and
are back online.

In addition, I have some new bigger charts to share of heroes and
villains. Some heroes are online now, villains and more heroes to
come later.

All my charts are free, and if you see someone selling them, please
let me know, because if someone is charging for them they were stolen.

Leah
Old June 6th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 06:33:24 -0700, Leah
wrote:

Duh, responding to my own thread, because I forgot the darn link:

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/swcharts/
Old June 6th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Leah wrote:

All my charts are free, and if you see someone selling them, please
let me know, because if someone is charging for them they were stolen.

That would certainly be poetic justice, since you are stealing the
characters from Lucasfilm in the first place.
Old June 8th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:26:21 -0700, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to
reply wrote:

All my charts are free, and if you see someone selling them, please
let me know, because if someone is charging for them they were stolen.

That would certainly be poetic justice, since you are stealing the
characters from Lucasfilm in the first place.

Other people get paid to share their charts and patterns, witness the
Harry Potter knitting book. While I've been offered publishing, I
turned it down, because I remember not being able to afford patterns
like this that I would have loved to have as a child.

I don't think it's fair that other people should be ripped off and
made to pay for something that's always been free. It's not in any
way, shape, or form "justice".

BTW, if Lucasarts had a problem with my patterns, I'm sure they'd have
said something by now, as info about my work has been posted on boards
that people who work there belong to. If it ever got to Mr. Lucas
himself, and he decided he didn't want to see knit or crochet patterns
offered for free, of course I'd take them down.

What a strange and pathetic flame attempt. If you don't like the idea
I offer patterns for free and want to make sure everyone who wants
them isn't ripped off, then don't read my page updates. You can reply
all you want, flame away if you've nothing better to do, but you're
going in the trash.

Leah
Old June 8th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Leah wrote:

I don't think it's fair that other people should be ripped off and
made to pay for something that's always been free. It's not in any
way, shape, or form "justice".

Please read copyright myths numbers 2 ("If I don't charge for it, it's
not a violation.") and 6 ("If I make up my own stories, but base them on
another work, my new work belongs to me.") on this web site:

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

Copyright law makes no allowance for whether something is free or not as
to whether a violation has occurred. That only affects the amount of
damages an intellectual property owner is allowed to collect. Copy
rights are about the right of the intellectual property owner to protect
and control the distribution of their work. Because of this I find it
very strange that you are concerned about the redistribution of your
derivative works of something that is surely copyrighted but you feel
free to ignore copyright law to create them in the first place.

I had a four-year fight with a web site owner to remove things I had
written elsewhere from their web site (that supported a philosophy that
I did not agree with and did not appreciate this person cutting and
pasting my words into their web site in a manner that caused a
misrepresentation of my stance on the issue the web site owner promoted.
This was not about money, and I was completely within my rights to
insist that what I had written be removed and that the web site owner
stop making it look like I was a relatively active participant on her
web site. This is why I feel so passionate about protection of copy
rights and intellectual property ownership.