OT - males and star wars

Old December 8th 05, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - males and star wars

Miss Fussy Rose was telling us at dinner about 2 of her male classmates who
had been discussing Star Wars during recess. (MFR is quite enamored of one
of the boys - he is a frequent topic of conversation) DH countered with...
"I was just thinking about SW this morning...." which got me thinking.
Actually, it got me laughing so hard I nearly snorted wine, but I
digress....

At any given time, how many males are thinking about Star Wars? Go ahead,
ask a male if he thought about it today. I'm betting most did.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old December 8th 05, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I really don't have time to respond to this post - I'm online shopping,
looking for the best deal on the Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
Electronic Lightsaber. No, not for Billy. For my husband.

Go figure

Hugs,
Tina

Old December 8th 05, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

frood wrote:
Miss Fussy Rose was telling us at dinner about 2 of her male classmates who
had been discussing Star Wars during recess. (MFR is quite enamored of one
of the boys - he is a frequent topic of conversation) DH countered with...
"I was just thinking about SW this morning...." which got me thinking.
Actually, it got me laughing so hard I nearly snorted wine, but I
digress....

At any given time, how many males are thinking about Star Wars? Go ahead,
ask a male if he thought about it today. I'm betting most did.

I would bet my husband thinks about it every day - at least once. He is
a HUGE Star Wars fan - He's an avid collector of Star Wars things. I
haven't decided if it is good or bad but he has moved on from collecting
"toys" to collecting "serious" Star Wars things. Such as his pewter
Star Wars chess set (which of course we had to have a case made for)
His numbered Star Wars art work by Dave Dorman (we have all of these - I
am not sure how many there are - but I know my husband sat down to try
and figure out how large of a room he would need to hang them all if he
had them framed....we better get really rich lol) He also has actual
replica models of some of the light sabers used in the movies - one full
size and some scale models. That full sized Darth Vader light saber
cost more than my sewing machine!! (not that I have an expensive one but
gees)

yeah *sigh* my husband is a BIG time Star Wars geek - he's so cute *G*

Roberta (in VA)
Old December 8th 05, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

DH--nope #1 son--doubtful #2 son--probably

--
Mary

news : Miss Fussy Rose was telling us at dinner about 2 of her male classmates
:
: At any given time, how many males are thinking about Star Wars? Go ahead,
: ask a male if he thought about it today. I'm betting most did.
:
: --
: Wendy
: http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm

Old December 8th 05, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I just asked DH if he thought about it today. He just smiled and hummed

Old December 8th 05, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

frood wrote:
Miss Fussy Rose was telling us at dinner about 2 of her male classmates who
had been discussing Star Wars during recess. (MFR is quite enamored of one
of the boys - he is a frequent topic of conversation) DH countered with...
"I was just thinking about SW this morning...." which got me thinking.
Actually, it got me laughing so hard I nearly snorted wine, but I
digress....

At any given time, how many males are thinking about Star Wars? Go ahead,
ask a male if he thought about it today. I'm betting most did.

I know my favorite one did- I brought it up over dinner, because there
was a commercial for Star Wars Galaxies (an online roleplaying computer
game which we played for a few months).

I was wondering how it was going and they had sent me a free 10-day
trial. But I wasn't curious enough to actually use it, and he was
adamantly against loading that bloody mess onto his computer.

-georg

Old December 8th 05, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I bought my 8 yo grandson a LEGO Star Wars kit for Christmas. It is the
space ship. I think it has 350 pieces. Gosh, there are advantages to being
850 miles away from DD & DSIL when he opens this VBG. He was very upset
that he couldn't see the last movie when it first came out. DD & DSIL saw
it, and then okayed it for him to see, but not DGD. I asked my daughter
what could possibly be worse in it than the latest Harry Potter movie, and
both grandkids have seen it. She said she actually thought that Harry
Potter was worse in some ways, but she thought they could handle it. They
both loved it. She said she will probably take DGD to see the latest Star
Wars when DGS is busy doing something else.

Sherry Starr

Old December 8th 05, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I made the mistake of taking my son to see it when he was just a little
lad. .....The rest is history. Right now I am finishing up a quilt for
him and his daughter to snuggle up in to watch Star wars together. The
tradition continues. The quilt is made with the new panel and pillow
panels that came out for this new movie as well as some co-ordinated
prints. It is all together now but I made the mistake of deciding to
free motion quilt various phrases from the movies that are well nknown
and that is slow going .
Donna inNWOntario ...freezing her buns off