OT A tree and a nativity set for every room in the house

Old December 8th 04, 01:08 PM
Susan Laity Price

Default OT A tree and a nativity set for every room in the house

At least my family thinks that is my goal. I just love making and
collecting ornaments. Having trees with different themes allows for
more enjoyment of the different styles. Pre-lit trees were a wonderful
invention. My husband never liked the fire hazard of a real tree. All
trees have quilted tree skirts which gives a little relevance to this
newsgroup.

I also love nativity sets that reflect different cultures. The
nativities remind us of the true meaning of Christmas. We don't
decorate with Santa Claus in our home. We always thought the children
were surrounded by enough Santa stuff outside of our home.

Tree #1 The Family Tree in the family room. This tree holds all those
precious ornaments made by the children and ones we have purchased
while traveling. I have either made or purchased the children a
personalized ornament every year. Each child has always had a box of
his own ornaments. We decorate this tree together. Wrapped family
presents are under this tree. This is the first year that one of my
children has his own home (college housing doesn't count as that was
never thought of as permanent). I have emailed him that his box of
decorations is waiting in the entry hall. Don't know if he is planning
to decorate his place much. He has owned his townhouse for five months
and the only rooms with furniture are the media room and his bedroom.

Tree #2 Mom's Tree in the living room. I started this tree in self
defense many years ago when I realized that I was always going to be
living in a male dominated household. I wanted something pretty and
lacy just for me. Originally all the ornaments were handmade but the
last few years I have been purchasing a few glass ornaments after
Christmas to put away for the next year.

Tree #3 The Kitchen Tree. From the street the only part of our house
that shows is the kitchen. A lighted tree in the breakfast area window
is a welcoming sight from the street. The decorations on this tree are
more country in style including gingerbread men and cinnamon sticks.
This is a four foot tree sitting on an end table that must be removed
from the family room to make space for the Family Tree.

Tree #4 The Sun Porch Tree. This is my husband's project. When I
replaced the old "bottle brush" tree in the family room with a slim
line tree my husband put the old tree on the sunporch with just
colored lights. With the leaves off the trees in the back yard this
tree can be seen from the neighbors. He likes this better than
climbing around in the cold Chicago weather to put lights on the
outside of the house.

Little Trees through out the house. Small 2' trees can be tucked into
any room. These are mostly permanently decorated trees. There is one
in each bathroom and the guest room. My sons refuse to allow one in
their bedrooms. I should have started that custom earlier when they
were too young to object.

I will tell the story of my nativity collection in another post.

Susan

Old December 9th 04, 12:17 PM
AliceW

Well, I attempted to use the "new" google groups to post a response to
Susan, but it appears that all I managed to do was repeat her wonderful
story. Now, I need to wonder where my response went!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"AliceW" wrote in message
oups.com...
:

Old December 9th 04, 01:04 PM
Diana Curtis

Id love to hear about the nativitys.
Alice, your post went the way all hiccups do.. into the world at large..
where it cant hurt anyone.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"AliceW" wrote in message
Well, I attempted to use the "new" google groups to post a response to
Susan, but it appears that all I managed to do was repeat her wonderful
story. Now, I need to wonder where my response went!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/index.htm (add a recipe)
"Time is that quality of nature which keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately it doesn't seem to be working."
Anonymous

"AliceW" wrote in message
oups.com...
:

Tree, tree, tree Beadbimbo Beads 4 July 7th 04 06:02 PM
I Have solved the Dry Christmas Tree Problem Jeff Mucha General Crafting 3 December 1st 03 01:06 AM