OMG-Scary-OT

Old March 16th 12, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Default OMG-Scary-OT

So, we had a kidnapping of a young 18 year old woman from a coffee stand
right arounds it's closing time of 8:30 one night about six weeks ago. She
is still missing. Today they announced an arrest of a "person of interest"
in Texas. Yes, all that ways away. That doesn't bode well for the young
woman obviously as she is still missing.

The scary part to us is that we just found out from our daughter that this
same guy, who is a builder/home repair person, WAS IN HER HOME back in
December to do an estimate for some work. He never called back with the
estimate, even after repeated calls by our daughter. I AM SO GLAD!

Still trying to take some of this in and taking deep breaths and am so
relieved.

Steven
Alaska

Old March 16th 12, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_3_]

Very pleased he didn't come back with a quote, but more than pleased he has
been arrested.

((((Hugs)))) on the way.

Di

mmunications...

Old March 16th 12, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

So glad they located this guy and arrested him!
Barbara in HOT Central FL

Old March 16th 12, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I am so glad too. We all need to be more careful about the people we
let into our homes. In Ca you can check online for contractor license
info. Hiring folks that has references instead of ads is a bit safer
but there just is always can be a risk. Go find DD and give her a
big hug. She probably can use it!
Taria

Old March 18th 12, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

That's so scary it just makes your heart stop. SO very grateful he never
called back to your DD. There's a felon scam going on here and I just
happened to be alert to it. 'Nice guys' in new truck with lights on the top
and legitimate 'looking' business i.d. on the doors. They appear and offer
old folks some sort of bargain.
I was at the sm and watching for incoming hummingbirds and saw the
scammers drive to our pasture and approach Mr. Esther. I picked up the cell
phone and stepped out front with the dog. Really quickly, they bid him
goodbye and sped away. They had said they were wanting to pave the drive to
the pasture. Now really? Do you know anyone who has a paved drive to a
pasture?
It's a different world we live in. How we wish it could be different,
at least for our children. Polly

Old March 19th 12, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 16/03/2012 03:15, Steven Cook wrote:
So, we had a kidnapping of a young 18 year old woman from a coffee stand
right arounds it's closing time of 8:30 one night about six weeks ago. She
is still missing. Today they announced an arrest of a "person of interest"
in Texas. Yes, all that ways away. That doesn't bode well for the young
woman obviously as she is still missing.

The scary part to us is that we just found out from our daughter that this
same guy, who is a builder/home repair person, WAS IN HER HOME back in
December to do an estimate for some work. He never called back with the
estimate, even after repeated calls by our daughter. I AM SO GLAD!

Still trying to take some of this in and taking deep breaths and am so
relieved.

Steven
Alaska

Very scary! Glad she 'escaped'.

Hoping the missing lass turns up soon...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

About Scary Elzady Sunny[_2_] Quilting 2 June 13th 09 12:23 AM
OT - that scary flu Karen, Queen of Squishies Quilting 16 March 26th 07 07:14 AM
OT Scary kid! NightMist Quilting 13 July 30th 05 11:42 PM
OT this was scary !!! Jan Lennie Needlework 16 June 29th 04 10:04 AM
Scary fun OT Dr. Sooz Beads 5 April 26th 04 02:59 PM