anybody out there?

Old February 10th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default anybody out there?

On 10/02/12 21:19, Sally Swindells wrote:
Hibernating!

Definitely. DS2 is off at scout camp this weekend!?! so I am hoping for
a quiet weekend with no sibling squabbles, which should equate with
sewing time for me.

Lizzy
Old February 11th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Been busy working and trying to get some birthday presents done.
Trying to get some quilting done too.
It's nice and warm here in L.A.! I feel for you all in those Tundras!!
amy in SoCal
Old February 11th 12, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

For sure, we've been "out there", out there where the sun is shining,
temps in the high 50sF, and there was just enough rain to make the
weeds sparkle; lovely to have a green yard in February. G
Beginning the quilting on an "organized scrappy" that husband wants
to lay claim to; he's not willing to give up another quilt, so I don't
know how squashed he's going to be, under so many quilts. g
Meanwhile, we're preparing to move my f-i-l to his new apartment, just
a couple of miles from us; wonderful place, I already have friends there;
I know he'll enjoy living there.
No messages? Well, maybe no one is saying anything. Hard to believe,
remembering the days when RCTQ had hundreds of posts per day. Are we
quilting more?

Cheers!
Ragmop/Sandy - listening to the icy cold wind hit the front door;
guess I won't be wearing shorts, tomorrow.. ;-)

On 2/8/12 12:02 PM, in article , "Pat S"
wrote:

I saw a couple, but that's all, Taria. We must all be frozen!
.

In message , Taria
writes
no msgs. read from here today. are you guys ok out there?

Taria

Old February 11th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

What orgainized scrappy patterns are you doing? Inquiring minds want
to know!

Ginger in CA
first they call for rain, then no, then yes. I wanna a job where you
can be wrong so much and still work there!

Old February 11th 12, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rose in CA[_3_]

"Organized Scrappy" is just what I am making for my sweetie too! I'm
making the Prairie Queen block (but told him it is Prairie King lol)
in 4 different dark browns, 4 different medium browns, 4 different
cream/beiges and 4 different turquoise. I am just too controlling to
make a true scrappy but have my Manual Randomizer at work -- paper
bags, draw fabric out of each and sew together, no cheating, no
matching!

Rose in CA

Old February 11th 12, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
larchie[_2_]

I think there are just fewer of us.
Maybe more experienced too, so there are fewer questions or problems to
solve.
larchie

Old February 12th 12, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Hey, these tundras are warm today. 42 degrees! Water on the roads today
and the "lake" at the subdivision entrance is back for a bit. Thursday we
had freezing rain and school was cancelled, but at least we're not in the
minus teens anymore.

Steven
Alaska

Old February 12th 12, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I just finished a scrappy top, made mostly from my friend Karin's
scrap bag. She gets frustrated over scrap build-up now and then, and
just finds it simpler to give it all away. And I never say no to
scraps. So this one is mainly solids and almost-solids, deep rich
colors. In a moment of insanity, I gave it a yellow border. But I am
NOT going to rip it out, no second-guessing allowed on this project!
It is just going to evolve. I love surprises!
Roberta in D. Queen of the Scrap Heap

Old February 12th 12, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

On Feb 12, 1:06*am, "Steven Cook" wrote:
Hey, these tundras are warm today. *42 degrees! *Water on the roads today
and the "lake" at the subdivision entrance is back for a bit. *Thursday we
had freezing rain and school was cancelled, but at least we're not in the
minus teens anymore.

Steven
Alaska

"amy in SoCal" wrote in ...

Been busy working and trying to get some birthday presents done.
Trying to get some quilting done too.
It's nice and warm here in L.A.! I feel for you all in those Tundras!!
amy in SoCal

Wow! Steve. That is warm for you this time of year! It was 75* two
days ago, yesterday and today have been in the mid
60's. Still comfortable, but the wind is cool. Just the right
temperature to hand quilt!!
amy in SoCal
Old February 13th 12, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 12/02/2012 22:43, amy in SoCal wrote:
On Feb 12, 1:06 am, "Steven wrote:
Hey, these tundras are warm today. 42 degrees! Water on the roads today
and the "lake" at the subdivision entrance is back for a bit. Thursday we
had freezing rain and school was cancelled, but at least we're not in the
minus teens anymore.

Steven
Alaska

"amy in wrote in ...

Been busy working and trying to get some birthday presents done.
Trying to get some quilting done too.
It's nice and warm here in L.A.! I feel for you all in those Tundras!!
amy in SoCal

Wow! Steve. That is warm for you this time of year! It was 75* two
days ago, yesterday and today have been in the mid
60's. Still comfortable, but the wind is cool. Just the right
temperature to hand quilt!!
amy in SoCal

We've all been hibernating under a blanket of snow. It got down to -12C
the other night. There's been a frantic scramble to get all the
homeless under cover. I think there was a report out that they knew of
only 9 in the Canterbury area that hadn't come in to the shelters, but
since then I've seen no reports of deaths, so I'm thinking they have
survived. I hope they found somewhere under cover to doss down... And
food. Hot food.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!