way OT - but I did learn it here

Old April 10th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default way OT - but I did learn it here

I recently received, and today just tried for the first time, my Bare
Minerals make-up. Wow! How tasteful, and how pretty! I no longer have to
look like death warmed over, not even now. And it's amazing how it doesn't
even really look like make-up. Thank you, all of you, who talked about this
awhile back. How very, very nice it is to feel pretty today.
nayy

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 12th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
René

I love mine, too! I'd given up using any makeup, but when this came out, I
had to try it. And wow! It's great! Easy, super-quick, good to your skin,
and people don't even know you're wearing makeup.

The only thing I need to do, is keep a lot of moisturizer on my skin. I
have such dry, "alligator skin." LOL I need to use a face mask once a
week, and slather on moisturizer twice a day. Then the powder doesn't make
me look like my skin is peeling off.

René

Old April 12th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:50:25 GMT, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" Karen @
PlayPianoNow.info wrote:

I recently received, and today just tried for the first time, my Bare
Minerals make-up. Wow! How tasteful, and how pretty! I no longer have to
look like death warmed over, not even now. And it's amazing how it doesn't
even really look like make-up. Thank you, all of you, who talked about this
awhile back. How very, very nice it is to feel pretty today.
nayy

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Were you the one who said she had very sensitive skin? How's that
going?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old April 12th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I was the one who started this thread. And you are so right! Bare
Minerals is wonderful.

Although I never was one to use makeup, liking the "unclogged" feel,
this is like not wearing anything. As others have said, a little goes
a looonnng way, and once you have the correct skin tone match, people
can tell there is a difference but cannot put their finger on it.
Being under flourescent lighting most of the day at work, my skin is
in much better shape. Being very sensitive, this Bare Mineral is doing
real well for me.

A couple of tips I learned from speaking to others: it holds best with
a moisturizer on underneath, as light as you want to go. I have oily
skin on my face but use an oil-free moisturizer with sunscreen in it.
And the more time that moisturizer has to get into your skin, the
better. I try to wait at least 30 minutes before putting on the
makeup. And the makeup goes on quick - in less than five minutes I'm
done for the day. That was always a factor for me, also

Ginger in CA
yeppers, another satisfied customer here!

Old April 12th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

It's true, it is so easy, which is a BIG factor for me right now with my
strength. But this just takes like, maybe 2 minutes. I've been waiting
three days for my husband to notice that I'm wearing make-up. He hasn't
yet! LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 12th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I have been paying very close attention to that, and I can't tell any
difference with or without the new make-up. Hurray!

Old April 12th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

I have always like the feeling of a night time moisturizer, and this just
confirms that I want to buy one again. Thanks for the reminder.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old April 18th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
René

Debra, I have very fair, sensitive skin, which is kinda weird because I'm
1/4 Native American. I inherited my mother's Scandinavian complexion, I
guess. I tan quite easily and when I was a little kid used to be brown as a
berry in the summer. My Dane gramma used to tell me if I didn't behave,
she'd give me to the Indians. LOL

Anyway, I've always been very careful what I put on my skin, all over.
Soaps, makeup, etc. Can't use anything with dyes or perfumes in my laundry
soap either.

I was thrilled with the minerals makeup because it seems to be actually good
to my skin. Still have to slather on lots of moisturizer, but that's OK.

René

PlayPianoNow.info wrote:

I recently received, and today just tried for the first time, my Bare
Minerals make-up. Wow! How tasteful, and how pretty! I no longer have
look like death warmed over, not even now. And it's amazing how it
doesn't
even really look like make-up. Thank you, all of you, who talked about
this
awhile back. How very, very nice it is to feel pretty today.
nayy

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Were you the one who said she had very sensitive skin? How's that
going?
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

old enough to learn? Amanda Tikkanen Yarn 12 February 6th 06 05:29 PM
Want to Learn Pottery Bubba Pottery 12 December 2nd 05 04:20 AM
Learn to Knit CD Brenda Harris Yarn 8 March 28th 05 02:10 AM
I gotta learn!!! Terbear Quilting 3 May 23rd 04 05:16 PM
How did you learn to bead? Pandi Beads 39 March 21st 04 03:52 AM